• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Front cover

Clive Shipman

Senior Member & Supporter
Congrats to the front cover guy (John I think?). That is a beast......:)

Absolutely, cracking fish. Well done sir. I hope I get one like that when I'm up there in a couple of weeks!!:D

It is big but . . .

I'm going to stick my neck out here, i've no gripes with anyone, no offence intended but . . . .

. . . can a fish really put on 2lb 1oz in 18 days? I've seen a fish go from 12lb 8oz to 14lb 6oz in 12 weeks but looking at the TT fish that is amazing weight gain!:eek:

It's a big un though, no doubt - so well done to all 3 captors. :)

Date submitted in gallery isnt necessarily the date they were caught. However if it is, that really is one hungry fish! Congrats to the captors though!

Cheers
Adam

EDIT: Just noticed the first photo was taken in July.

Last edited:
I agree - a close friend caught a fish last summer at 14lb 3oz. This is a fish that is a 12 in the summer (I had it a few weeks earlier at 12lb 12oz). He'd been baiting fairly heavily...

I guess the fish in question sees a lot of bait...?

Cheers,

Andy F

Ps. looks every inch a 16 to me!

I have seen a fish go from 7lb 13oz to 10lb 8oz in 8 weeks and it was only a short fish. But it has regularly seen the bank over 10lb so is a bit of a scoffer. I agree with Andy it looks 16.

It looks big!
If I was that bothered about the weight, someone with an independent set of (to be) verified scales would verify the weight.
What does slightly bother me is that I have seen/known from the past that such bait dependent fish (both carp and barbel) are towards their last legs - they become so dependent upon fishermans's bait they get caught regularly.
Hope not - simply a reflection on past frequent recaptures.

I agree with that theory Darryl.

As it is obviously an easily recognised specimen could any of the regulars to that river shed any light as to it's top recorded weight?

Back