• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fresh brewed coffee on the bank

Alan Palmer

Senior Member & Supporter
I’m a big real coffee lover and usually take aeropress but it is sometimes s bit of a faff with cold hands, uneven bank etc, although decent coffee! thinking of getting a Jetboil Lava system, basically a jetboil with a French press incorporated, does anyone else use this and if so what are your thoughts?

I use a Jetboil Flash 2.0 and I think it's brilliant. I can make a brew in less than 2 mins (that's setting up and boil time). And it hardly takes up any space. I think the Java is a Jetboil flash with a coffee press included. Jetboil also sell coffee presses for the Flash, I haven't used one, but I reckon if it's as good as the other jetboil kit it will be tip-top.

I take a flask of boiling water, and a box of these.

available at most supermarkets

tastes like freshly brewed coffee. 👍

Alan, buy a box and try them at home first, they do different strengths in them, depending on your taste, i like mine quite strong. Morrisons own brand are also very good.

I use a Jetboil Flash 2.0 and I think it's brilliant. I can make a brew in less than 2 mins (that's setting up and boil time). And it hardly takes up any space. I think the Java is a Jetboil flash with a coffee press included. Jetboil also sell coffee presses for the Flash, I haven't used one, but I reckon if it's as good as the other jetboil kit it will be tip-top.
Yeah, this is the one I’m looking at

I’m a big real coffee lover and usually take aeropress but it is sometimes s bit of a faff with cold hands, uneven bank etc, although decent coffee! thinking of getting a Jetboil Lava system, basically a jetboil with a French press incorporated, does anyone else use this and if so what are your thoughts?
I still think nothing comes close to the Aeropress I tried loads of different taylor bags and others none come close so for me its got to be the AEROPRESS or nothing

I really like this thread , I just think great , some people have life sorted coffee on the back fishing was a major worry. I look forward to this been one of my major panics in life. This is what I love about BFW it keeps you grounded. Btw grounded coffee reference intended.

The Aeropress came out top against a lot of coffee machines - apparently the pressure you can apply with your hand to express coffee is perfect for the perfect espresso.
The only issue with coffee on the bank for me is caffeine is a natural laxative! :oops::oops:

I’ve always used an aeropress , we get unground beans from Rave coffee on subscription every month , I’m pretty sure they do coffee bags as well .

I’ve always used an aeropress , we get unground beans from Rave coffee on subscription every month , I’m pretty sure they do coffee bags as well .

That’s a great idea. I buy my home coffee from Rave unground (because it is local and good). I normally just take a flask of made coffee, but water and bags would be better.

A jet oil is too much for my minimalist, short session approach; unless I was fishing out of the car.

I have used a jetboiler for many years, having purchased mine in Oregon before they were available in the UK, I can't fault it.

Jesus, whats happened to this country, doesn't anyone like a cup of tea ffs 😉
Yer this one.
The best bag on the planet.
Screenshot_20231201_213019_Google.jpg

Back