• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Free to collect

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
7D77AFF8-E5C2-441B-80D0-37AE802838AE.jpeg

Not the fridge…. The handle.
This was the first ever drennan twist lock I ever bought over 11 years ago.
It’s been to absolute hell n back, landed a hell of a lot of fish including pike to nearly 30lb, it’s been in the river countless times, it’s pulled floats out of trees it’s whacked down reeds, you name it it’s done it!

However despite all that it’s also been stripped serviced and cleaned over 100 times and is still working absolutely perfectly as good as a brand new one and on all its original parts including the original unmodified collet.
There’s some light corrosion to the metal threads but they are still sound.

I’m giving it away as a fully functional working pole to an angler in need because I’ve recently decided it’s time I bought a couple of new ones.
Not because there’s anything wrong with this one but because it’s time to replace it before it does decide to fail.
With the same care it could go another decade. It could also let go tomorrow.
It’s free I don’t want anything for it and it owes me nothing.
Don’t ask me to post it please. Come get it if you want it. Cheers

Lovely gesture Terry
Where would pick up be from Please
If it’s reasonable distance from me I’ll take it please
?
P.s wish the wife would allow a bait fridge that size lol 😂

Interested in what you are thinking of getting as replacements Richard. I'm sure you will have looked at quite a few.

Anyone tried the compact version? Apart from the length, is it as strong as the normal version?
Thanks.

Yes, and it's possibly marginally stronger. It's not much use with rods much longer than 11' unless you are in very benign pegs. Mine sees far less use than my Extra Long version does.

Probably stronger being shorter.
Bloody useless mind unless you fish from jetty’s with 11ft pellet wags
Yes, and it's possibly marginally stronger. It's not much use with rods much longer than 11' unless you are in very benign pegs. Mine sees far less use than my Extra Long version does.
Thanks guys. I am not going to use it on river, got a 3m one for that, and may upgrade to a 4m one for some really high bank. The short one is for the canal pike/zander and maybe carp fishing, where I use 6/8ft rod.

Great gesture and what a great idea re the freezer scoreboard
Just been defrosting mine today and found baits I’d forgot I had but could have done with
I try and run em down into single figures by the end of the season so I don’t have loads in there for years.
Skimmers were the number 1 bait for me the year before and I bought a lot of them.
Last year they didn’t really do well and sea baits were better. Hence I still have a lot of skimmers left over.

I found 3 packs of lamprey which were nigh on impossible to get in the winter.
But bulk ordered way too many sea baits as supply at times was so sketchy, I thought I was doing the right thing.
Hate using ' old' baits but as most are vac packed and the freezer works efficiently, hopefully they'll keep
But do have quite a few KGs of pre-bait - all yellowing and shrivelled 🤮

🤮

Back