• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

fred crouch centrepins

Lewis Anderson

I remember seeing a sticky thread in the for sale section (i think) of someone who sold fred crouch pins in anodised red black and silver! Anyone know where the link is or who is was?

cheers

Last edited:
Lewis, I think you are referring to Paul Whiteing, he was selling them through a sticky post on here, contact him via his sticky post about rods in the classified pages.

Im not quite sure whether to get a true pin trotter or a jet.

Apart form being heavier and more room for line is there any other pros and cons between a wide and narrow spool?

Lewis I have the jet now for 2 years and cant fault it . They say wide drum for ledgering and narrow for totting all my barbel fishing is done ledgering close in mate

Lewis,

To be honest, it's doesn't really make that much difference mate.

All my pins, but one, are wide drums. I use them for both trotting & Ledger work.

Funnily enough, the one narrow drum centrepin I do own (my late fathers old Rapidex) I have only used for ledgering - as it's not the greatest of reels for trotting in my opinion, as it's not the best 'runner' and also for Wallis casting it proves tricky, it having a solid cage construction.

For what it's worth, I'd go for wide drum.

Daz.

Lewis

Go for the narrow drum Ariel or Jet, nice all round pins for the money. Ive got a couple Ariels and got a silver Trotter in last years auction for a Ton, but still use my Ariels.

Tony

Hi Lewis

T'was me, well the "advert" was - I'll get back to you later :)

paul4

Back