• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fred Crouch Bait Droppers

Thamesley are like rocking horse poo, and the similar Dinsmore version isn't up to scratch.

Down to my last 2 of Fred's droppers and IMHO they are the best small dropper on the market. Last I heard you could get them direct from the man himself?

Hi Neil, Contact Steve Pope, he will get you a Fred Crouch bait dropper, Have a look at Steve Pope"s web site and send him a message, I have got 3 of Freds Droppers they are great.

Regards Ray Thorpe

Thamesley are like rocking horse poo, and the similar Dinsmore version isn't up to scratch.

Down to my last 2 of Fred's droppers and IMHO they are the best small dropper on the market. Last I heard you could get them direct from the man himself?

...and the similar Dinsmore version isn't up to scratch.

I rate 'em, why don't you like the Dinsmore copy?

I could do with some more. Have got the Dinsmores but prefer Fred's as right size for the Dane...

Mike,

I bought 3 and found them to be a bit flimsy and on one the door didn’t always open. The original Thamesley version was much better and made from a harder plastic.

Still believe that Fred’s version is far and away the best ‘small’ dropper in the market.

By the way had it confirmed from Steve that Fred’s droppers are currently not available (may be the odd one knocking around?), although there may be another production run? If anyone fancies obtaining some it may be a good idea to express an interest?

been in local shop, quite a few sizes of metal baitdroppers. which i always found better than any plastic ones.
Found my old Crouch dropper, still fails to open with any regularity. The door catches on the release hook too well.
dave

Back