• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

fox duo lite fx barbel

Has any one got the Fox Duo Lite FX 12ft 1.75/2.25 twin tip that can give me an honest opinion of what's it's like in use? Appeals to me because I fish the lower Thames a fair bit and the 2.25 should be spot on when there a flow on and the 1,75 suitable for the rest of my Barbel fishing.

Also i'm torn between a pair of Shimnao 4000 oc and a pair or Shimano 4000 XT FA's anyone had either of these reels and again give an honest opinion it would be much oblidged.

Cheers in advance Pete

Pete

I bought my lad the 11ft version. It is a very good rod for the money, much better than my earlier Fox rods. Nice big rings and not too many. With the 2.25 top on it will lob a 6oz feeder no problem.

He uses it with a Shimano 4000DL reel (the one under the XT) which is a great reel for general barbeling but undergunned for extreme floodwater fishing. If I had to replace my XTEA's I would get the XT FA's.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Hey Pete
I'm having the same thoughts apart from it a toss up between the fox twin tip or the korum twin tip.
And again it's fishing a big river the tidal Trent.
Anybody's thought on it ????

Cheers Jamie

I use mine on the tidal and it'll cope easily with a six ounce loaded feeder casting as far as i need,often with a thump.Im no expert on rod mechanics but playing fish on it is fun.Mostly i use the 2.25 tip and in my opinion next to a mate of mines korums the fox is a better built rod and to be honest im not a big fan of single legged eyes on rods that are meant to take some hammer.Each to their own but im a big fan of Fox rods.My only gripe is sometimes it feels the butt could be longer when casting bigger distances if necessary.

Pete

I bought my lad the 11ft version. It is a very good rod for the money, much better than my earlier Fox rods. Nice big rings and not too many. With the 2.25 top on it will lob a 6oz feeder no problem.

He uses it with a Shimano 4000DL reel (the one under the XT) which is a great reel for general barbeling but undergunned for extreme floodwater fishing. If I had to replace my XTEA's I would get the XT FA's.

Hope this helps.

Stephen

Thanks for that Stephen what's the action like, Soft tip, Through action?

Cheers Pete

Pete

The tips are just right, soft enough for bite detection but not bent round when there's some flow on. The action is progressive with a lot of power in the butt section. I prefer that action to all through.

Stephen

Back