• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fox Armapoint hook - DOH!!!

Neil Powney

Ok guys, be honest with this one....... I didn't have to admit to this but I will.

These hooks come in a 'display' case and everyone baulks at the price of them so, stupid me actually convinced myself that they were £4 for ONE HOOK!!!

There, I said it - I feel better now. The tackle dealer said to me "Everyone thinks that", so surely I'm not the only moron to think "Just how good can these hooks be?"

I'm ready for the pi**takers.......... Bring it on....... :D :D

Classic! Still expensive compared to some of the drennan's mind. If it caught proportionally bigger fish I'd be quite happy paying £4 per hook! Nice one,

Jon

Very brave to admit that! I do like some of those patterns and the Gardner talon tips, which I just bought in a size 12. Most carp hooks go down to a 10 and its a big 10 at that....
Dave

Ok guys, be honest with this one....... I didn't have to admit to this but I will.

These hooks come in a 'display' case and everyone baulks at the price of them so, stupid me actually convinced myself that they were £4 for ONE HOOK!!!

There, I said it - I feel better now. The tackle dealer said to me "Everyone thinks that", so surely I'm not the only moron to think "Just how good can these hooks be?"

I'm ready for the pi**takers.......... Bring it on....... :D :D

Thing is I read this and then asked the same question last week:eek:
However in defence the qty 10 is so small innit?;)

Beat me to it Steve... nice one, yeah I've used them, and are decent hooks, however I do like those newer Korda hooks with the protector caps on them, and yes I very nearly cast out a baited hook with those on.......I did say nearly!!;)

I did it Julian, left it out there for 4 hours or so............

If you look in the Diawa product catalogue they now sell supa' dupa' hooks @ £9 for ???? its says in the catalogue that they don't come in barbed as they're too hard to cut :)

I'm saving my money for the new pure gold version - for extreem rust protection

Back