• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fly fishing

Steve Prince

Friend of mine has recently lost her dad , and he was a keen angler. But she ended up with loads of different tackle she needed to sell. I've helped her with selling quite a bit of course gear, but now her mother has found quite a bit of fly fishing stuff. So my question is , does anyone have any interest in fly fishing that could maybe advise on prices or maybe interested in a fair price for the items they have?.
I've only glanced at the stuff , but there's at least 5 reels, one an okuma, two sundridge fly rods, I'd say over 200 flys in boxes, everything you need for tying flys, and I mean everything:eek: fly tying vice, I book on tying flys, two fly vests with forceps attached to a little zip pulley and probably other stuff I've not seen. So if anyone's interested I'll see if I can take some pics and load them on the classified section, if not then eBay. Thanks in advance .

Think Sundridge packed in years ago so sounds like it could be old stuff, rods at least anyway. Stick some pictures up, sure someone will have an idea, flies and fly tying stuff should sell.

Steve.
It all depends on the names.
Hardy. Orvis. Sage to mention three generally high value.

The flies will generally only make about 15p each boxed.

Standard reels about 25 -45 if loaded.

Those rods maybe 35-50.

Graham

Hi Steve,
If it's old gear, give Graham Peplar a call, you will find him on the web at Vintagetackle.
He buys and sells old gear and is a nice guy to chat to.
Good luck,
Mike

No it's not old Mike , maybe the sundridge rods are 10 yr old but all the other stuff is pretty modern. Thanks anyway.

What a great read the Avon Diary is.

I really appreciated it when I lived 100miles from the river and felt that it kind of kept me in touch with my favourite venue Neil.
Sadly I've been unable to get my ar#e in gear since I've been local, and John L. must think I've gone awol !:eek:

Back