• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flurocarbon hooklength material

Neil Blood

So I’m running low on Kryston Incognito Fluorocarbon in 11lb BS; I’ve used it since it first came out in 50 ME spools, for a big part of my Barbel fishing.

Go to order some more and they’ve changed it (?) plus spool size is now 20 ME and price still the same (robbing gits)!

Any recommendations for Fluorocarbon hooklength material? The best thing about Incognito is that it’s as supple as Mono in 9lb and 11lb BS.

This stuff is very popular with Salmon anglers. I see they offer various levels of stiffness. Never used it personally. It's very thin for its breaking strain, a friend swears by it for sea Trout, think he uses a 17lb version.

I have used Sunline fc sniper for years. Never let me down. Around £24 delivered for a 200yd spool. I use it from 20 to 12 for all my Trent and local river work. Never let me down. Match your usual diameter to sunline.

I've been using AT products fluorocarbon, available in 4, 7, 10, 14, 17 and 22lb b/s I've had decent barbel and carp on the 14 and 17lb with no problems. Also used the 7lb for perch but the small stuff haven't really tested that:(

Page 96/97 of the online catalogue link below.

I have used Sunline fc sniper for years. Never let me down. Around £24 delivered for a 200yd spool. I use it from 20 to 12 for all my Trent and local river work. Never let me down. Match your usual diameter to sunline.
This seems very good value for a japanese high -tech line,I take it you've tried most of the others but what made you settle on this one besides the low price.

This seems very good value for a japanese high -tech line,I take it you've tried most of the others but what made you settle on this one besides the low price.
I did a search on what the Americans were using Flouro wise. They all rated Fc Sniper. Never looked back tbh. I always use the Mahseer knot for attaching quick clips and the Albright for combos etc.

Back