• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fluff chucking

Steve Reed

Nipped up to Farmoor Reservoir last night after work. The buzzer fishing at this time of year can be fantastic and I had a lovely evening fishing the floating line. I came home with my four fish limit and the bbq will be fired up later today.

For anyone who hasn't fished Farmoor it can be a bit daunting. It seems a bit pathetic casting a size 16 buzzer into 400 acres of choppy water but the steep concrete bank means that there is deep water close in and the fish are feeding almost under the rod tip when the conditions are right. Hooking into a 4lb overwintered fish on a 5 wt outfit is a never to be forgotten experience! :)

Steve

I'll second that Steve, Farmoor's a great place to fish close in nymph tactics. There's some big hard fighting rainbows in farmoor 1 also and it's catch and release. Perfect! Just need to get the tinca chasing out of my system and I might be tempted once again.

Back