• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flouro hook links

Lee Poultney

Now, I appreciate this has been done before but I found this article from the Anglers Mail which reviews 4 or 5 products.

http://www.anglersmail.co.uk/tackle/fluorocarbon-lines-for-hook-lengths/

For the record I've been using Korda IQ in 15lb for the last couple of seasons and it's been pretty good. However, i'm almost out so looking to buy again and try something different. Like the look of Mirage as it's thinner even at 16lb and they also now do a 14lb in 200m which would last for ages.

Grand Max Riverge for me, but to be honest I prefer a normal mono for barbel hooklinks.

Been meaning to look at riverge soft plus which I think may be more up my alley for barbel, but not got round to it and concerned over abbrasion / toughness.

I have tried several of the well known brands in 10lb and have had no problems with any of them with one notable exception - Berkelys Vanish. Do not user that ever.

"Grand Max Riverge for me, but to be honest I prefer a normal mono for barbel hooklinks.

Been meaning to look at riverge soft plus which I think may be more up my alley for barbel, but not got round to it and concerned over abbrasion / toughness. "

Hi Darren - What mono do you use?

Matt

Ultima Power Plus in 10 or 12lb for now. Hard to find it though, when that runs out I think pro gold or pro clear from GLT.

Darren - Soft Plus isn't as durable as Grande Max, as I've been broken twice. I've reverted to the latter, which I find is excellent - both fine and supple.

Last edited:
Back