• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Floodwater reels

Ben Cullen

Hi
Just wondering what reels people are using on floodwater set ups
Thinking of pairing with powermesh rods but i need reels with the grunt to use 8oz or more leads as they will primarly be used on the thames
Many thanks

Okuma 6000 inc work for me. Big enough to hold lots of heavy mono, but reasonably light to lug about.

I sold fancy Shimano Ci4 5500’s and don’t miss them.

Okuma 6000 inc work for me. Big enough to hold lots of heavy mono, but reasonably light to lug about.

I sold fancy Shimano Ci4 5500’s and don’t miss them.

Similar here, sold my SS2600’s, Emblems and most of my Baitrunners now. If I had to be picky I’d want a one touch folding handle on the Okumas, but there’s nothing else I can fault them on.

SS2600 wouldn’t be my choice for a dedicated flood reel as much as I like them.

5:1 max and 4.5:1 even better.
Long handle, decent grip, high torque, low speed
6000D I think would be Superb.

Okuma Aventa Baitfeeder in 6000 size.

I use them for all my Barbel fishing, no issue cranking back heavy feeders in strong flow. One touch folding handle and a really nice and smooth drag. They do 8000 and 10000 too but they are quite hefty weight wise.

Cheers everyone got a pr of 6000oc at a decent price ta for your input
Ben
not OC but I have a pair of 6000D which have been lightly used and since being serviced at Felindre just over three years ago have rested in their boxes unused.
Would accept for £210 including 1st class signed for delivery if you are interested. If not then good luck in your search for OC version.
Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• IMG_3623.jpg
    IMG_3623.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 107
  • IMG_3624.jpg
    IMG_3624.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 117
  • IMG_3625.jpg
    IMG_3625.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_3626.jpg
    IMG_3626.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_3627.jpg
    IMG_3627.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 117
Ben
not OC but I have a pair of 6000D which have been lightly used and since being serviced at Felindre just over three years ago have rested in their boxes unused.
Would accept for £210 including 1st class signed for delivery if you are interested. If not then good luck in your search for OC version.
Cheers
Mark
Cheers for offer i got a pairof oc from austria for under 200

Back