• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Floodwater line

You’ll find Jim, that with many lines break strains mean nothing. It’s the diameter figure that is most important. I won’t go barbel fishing with a line of less than 0.35 and the reason being is I’ve had that suffer damage and still landed fish.

0.35 in my choice of line is 18lb Fox Exocet but it can also be 12lb GR60

I assume you use a long leader with your 40lb braid? When it comes to abrasion resistance braid is far more likely to be cut off than mono.
Yes. Uncoated Braid far less abrasion resistance than mono as a main line.

I do however use it as hooklink. But as mentioned before I rarely use these at more than 12 inches.

I've used Gardner Pro Blend light for 10 years in 12lb and 15lb breaking strain, it's never ever let me down.

Had carp to almost 50lb on the 15lb and countless barbel on both 12 and 15 on a number of different rivers in all conditions.

By far the best line I've ever used and unless something catastrophic happens I'll never change.

Thanks

Lewis

I've been using Krystonite (12lb/0.31mm) almost exclusively* since 2002. I've always been very pleased with it so I see no reason to change. It's fluorocarbon coated, supple, supplied in bulk spools, and it too is a 'copolymer' (but I wouldn't think there's any actual monomer lines made for angling purposes).

*I have got a bulk spool of 15lb/0.35mm Ghostline, which I use only on a well flooded Teme. That's the toughest line I've ever come across.

Hi men

Used GR60 for decades from it's very first release so a change was going to be hard , but the Avid camo line in 15b and 18lb has been great , but like many subjects beauty is in the eye ......

Hatter

Back