• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flood Rod

I’ve never handled the chimera but I’ve read it’s a serious power tool with quite a stiffness to it.
Others will be able to comment better.
Now I have handled the 2.25 Hi S and I actually didn’t like it because I found it surprisingly soft, it didn’t feel like a power rod to me for its rating. so based on that I’d dare say they are completely different rods in every way.

The 11.6 snag and flood rod is basically a shorter version of the 12ft Chimera 3. Stiffer tip compared with a Chimera 2 which makes it better able to handle heavier leads and feeders, but a really nice action in the butt section that makes playing fish a joy, forgiving, yet powerful and doesn’t seem to lock up. I hesitate to use the term “through-actioned” as it makes it sound sloppy as it’s anything but that, but it’s on the through side of progressive if that makes sense?!

It will cast 6 ounce leads, and I know it will also lob out 7oz and maybe a little heavier.

Hi anybody got any feedback or use the advanta twin tip rods from angling direct they will be for occasional use on the trent

i have the snag and flood use it on the ribble dove upper trent when low also have the chimera 3 liked it at first now fell out with it not even used it in 12 months since i purchased the korum 13 ft 2.5 tc. for the trent and big flood fishing on the ribble or if i need to fish the far bank on a couple of stretches
had a 15lb on the snag and flood in a tight swim always in control paired with 6000D would recommend

i have the snag and flood use it on the ribble dove upper trent when low also have the chimera 3 liked it at first now fell out with it not even used it in 12 months since i purchased the korum 13 ft 2.5 tc. for the trent and big flood fishing on the ribble or if i need to fish the far bank on a couple of stretches
had a 15lb on the snag and flood in a tight swim always in control paired with 6000D would recommend
Why don’t you like the chimera 3 🤷🏼‍♂️

Why don’t you like the chimera 3 🤷🏼‍♂️
if you want come and borrow it for a few weeks your not a million miles away .just like the extra length of the korums for the ribble its a brillant rod the chimera 3. had it refurbished 3 years ago full cork handle and larger guides for the floods and have not used it more then 3 times .i will await your call

if you want come and borrow it for a few weeks your not a million miles away .just like the extra length of the korums for the ribble its a brillant rod the chimera 3. had it refurbished 3 years ago full cork handle and larger guides for the floods and have not used it more then 3 times .i will await your call
Thanks G I’ll be in touch when ready

I’ve ordered some of the 2.5 dark carbons from Mark Tunley. They’re like the torrix but without the weave on the lower section so they bend through a bit more as they’re less stiff there.

I’m currently fishing the Thames where my iPowers with the 2lb tip aren’t quite up to it.
So I’m using 3lb TC ballista slims as that’s what I’ve got - theyre actually not too over the top as they’re a very through actioned rod.

I’ve ordered some of the 2.5 dark carbons from Mark Tunley. They’re like the torrix but without the weave on the lower section so they bend through a bit more as they’re less stiff there.

I’m currently fishing the Thames where my iPowers with the 2lb tip aren’t quite up to it.
So I’m using 3lb TC ballista slims as that’s what I’ve got - theyre actually not too over the top as they’re a very through actioned rod.
Using my i power 2lb on the Thames at the moment, its like a lake lol

Hi anybody got any feedback or use the advanta twin tip rods from angling direct they will be for occasional use on the trent

I just bought one Tony, excellent rod. I bought it for carp on a small pool where they don't go very big, 20lb max, most about 8-14lb. But they fight like absolute demons and my 1.75 barbel rod was struggling so I bought the Advanta twin tip. Superb finish on these rods and quite exceptional for the price having a 2.25 and 2.75 tip and I think they would be perfect for the Trent, Severn etc. Not a long range rod so no issues with an over fast taper or anything like that, really top bargain.

I just bought one Tony, excellent rod. I bought it for carp on a small pool where they don't go very big, 20lb max, most about 8-14lb. But they fight like absolute demons and my 1.75 barbel rod was struggling so I bought the Advanta twin tip. Superb finish on these rods and quite exceptional for the price having a 2.25 and 2.75 tip and I think they would be perfect for the Trent, Severn etc. Not a long range rod so no issues with an over fast taper or anything like that, really top bargain.
thanks for the feedback Alex will have to get to angling direct and have a look 👍 :)

Back