• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

float storage

Cliff Turner

Senior Member & Supporter
hi gents, any good tips on float storage, specifically challenging for the larger bolo/avon style floats which are long and bulbus ? Currently using plastic tubes which offer good protection but I struggle to find them with a larger diameter and length for these larger floats?

My float tube is a cut down rod tube to accommodate my longest Avon float. I don't carry that many floats. Don't feel the need.

hi gents, any good tips on float storage, specifically challenging for the larger bolo/avon style floats which are long and bulbus ? Currently using plastic tubes which offer good protection but I struggle to find them with a larger diameter and length for these larger floats?

Loads on ebay Cliff, if you dont fancy making them yourself.

Cliff, have a look at an artist's brush storage roll. They are either soft plastic or canvas, with slots to keep the floats separate. Far less damage than using a plastic tube.

I use as previously suggested drain pipe lengths with ends. Cut to size according to float types.
They can also be labelled if desired.

If you are fussy you can add some cut sponge circles inside the lids.

Tough and nice to lay above a flat box in your tackle bag.

Small tool roll containing what you need for the day rolled up and pushed inside a hard tube.
Remove and unroll it in your chosen swim and select the float most suitable.
34AF4B42-AD95-4A1C-BC76-A49C607C737B.jpeg

I used to love my old wooden float box. Not particularly practical but looked great with all the floats laid out. Wish I still had it as they're difficult to find these days.

I used to love my old wooden float box. Not particularly practical but looked great with all the floats laid out. Wish I still had it as they're difficult to find these days.
Like these Mark ? ......

LikeL these.
7F689805-3507-4D6A-9017-50787530AF6E.jpeg

CE2BB7F5-307D-4870-96F6-0CB587BF5AD7.jpeg

The floats , if you look carefully are all behind a perspex cover to stop them getting the bits and bobs from beneath mixed up should the box be tipped , I have a good selection of these boxes all of different sizes, made to order .

David

Like these Mark ? ......

LikeL these. View attachment 14436

View attachment 14437

The floats , if you look carefully are all behind a perspex cover to stop them getting the bits and bobs from beneath mixed up should the box be tipped , I have a good selection of these boxes all of different sizes, made to order .

David

Ooh.....those are lovely David 👌
Mine certainly wasn't that sort of quality - more like Steve's.
Still preferable to my current spaghetti tin though.

Back