• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flavouring meat

I thought you were taking the mickey until I googled this! 😁
Weeks though? What, in the fridge or frozen?
Cheers
Just leave it in a glug pot in the garage the flavour goes right through to the centre and the texture of the meat is like an old piece of leather so it stays on the hair ... if I’m not hair rigging the meat I’ll use it straight from the tin

This stuff is brilliant for coating meat, once coated, freeze it. The meat stays red too including when its been in the river for an hour:

Has anyone noticed the price of meat lately... it’s cheaper to use fillet steak
I use the plumrose stuff normally and it used to be £1.49 a tin. Now it’s £2.19. Big tins of spam in the shop by me was £2.79 now they are £3.49. Went to B&m at the start of the season to get some black pepper spam and that was 50p dearer than it used to be. Got a couple of tins of Tesco meat at £1.15 I think it was. It’s quite soft though so hard to keep on if you gotta give the cast a bit of welly

Bag of spice fried spam. I like to tear them in half before putting them out they look great presented on a hair with a partial buried hook

Attachments

• C9F85F45-1F7E-455D-B542-A17DFD1B28C6.jpeg
    C9F85F45-1F7E-455D-B542-A17DFD1B28C6.jpeg
    187 KB · Views: 198
Back