• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flavouring meat

Mike Webb

So I've been out of the game for some years and have a session organised for Sunday /Monday on the Wye.

I'm covering as many bases as poss bait wise, including meat, and was wondering if anyone has any tried and tested suggestions for flavourings?
I think in the past I used paprika and garlic, but never had any particular luck.

Or is plain meat best?

Cheers and nice to be back 👍

Cubed and fried in Tikka Masala Paste, I always do it this way
20180612_100858.jpg

Black pepper spam is better than normal. Try using both and alternating. I did and the results are very conclusive. I moved on from this to other flavours that I am less willing to share... yet 😁

Black pepper spam is better than normal. Try using both and alternating. I did and the results are very conclusive. I moved on from this to other flavours that I am less willing to share... yet 😁
I only tried using Black Pepper Spam once and I ate more that was used for bait..it really tickled my taste buds :p

Back