• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Flanesford Priory

Stuart Brookes

I've just received an email form Flanesford Priory stating that fishing in the future will only be available on a Saturday and Wednesday tiil midnight as the WUF have taken over the rights for the remaining period. If you have already booked they will honour the free fishing but future bookings come under the new rules.
That is going to have a big impact on his business and it's a shame as I stayed there two years ago and was going to book up for later in the year. The banks were always well maintained and pegs well prepared.

Stuart

It's not only bookings already made, if get in quick and book before the end of March you're still entitled to free fishing for the duration of your stay. You do need to tell them at the time you book.
I agree with you though, although there is good cheap day ticket near by part of the appeal was having that stretch to go at. I think it could have a significant impact on the business from travelling fishermen going forward.

Cheers
Mark

Just noticed that about bookings before end of the month Mark. Looks like I'm getting my begging mat out in front of the wife tonight and see if I can get at least a weekend booked up otherwise I may as well stay some where like the Lion at Bredwardine.

Just noticed that about bookings before end of the month Mark. Looks like I'm getting my begging mat out in front of the wife tonight and see if I can get at least a weekend booked up otherwise I may as well stay some where like the Lion at Bredwardine.

Good luck Stuart!
If you are unsuccessful, there's lot of other good accomodation in that general area with good fishing close by, much better than the Red Lion in my opinion.

Cheers
Mark

Hi Guy's,

Well I'm off to Flansford for the last 4 days of the season and just reading the post's so will i still be ok with the fishing and can any of you give me any pointers as its my first time on the Wye re Bait etc plus I'm thinking of taking a couple of Pike rods with me as well is it worth it plus I've just recently got into trotting with the Pin so any info would be very greatfully appreciated.

Cheers
Paul

Do the WUF offer coarse fishing when they take over the rights or are they predominantly a game organisation in fishing aspects?

Hi Damian,
In answer to your question,both.The WUF are not all bad although they have taken over the fishing on the two mentioned streaches many old salmon beats have been made available to course anglers and they do offer the visiting/holiday angler alot of waters to fish even if its quite expense if you use them on a regular basis.

Back