• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fiskerton this weekend

Richard Firth

Hoping to be fishing fiskerton this weekend, has anyone fished it lately ? Any tips or feeding advise would be welcomed, still after my 1st Barbel , i didnt manage 1 last year in a few trips ..

Not been many fishing at Fiskerton in the evening. In my opinion the best time. Plenty of chub and a few barbel showing to feeder and pellet.

Richard, generally at this time of year head upstream to the higher peg numbers. At the beginning of this week the barbel may have been spawning according to a couple of Scunthorpe members I spoke to on the opposite bank.

Not busy at all, 3 course anglers on. 2 bivied up, then 2 more came with barrows later on, i suspect to fish all night.

We fished 6:30 am till 3:30 ish. Will probably go later and fish into dark next time i think.
Hi Richard,
The night fishing is controlled by the HKS syndicate, part of The Association of Barbel Fishers, and the gate gets locked 1 hour after dark so mind you don’t get locked in !! I would recommend packing up at dusk to save any aggro.

While sat there i did notice a few pike hitting the fry in the margins, they were relentless !

Anybody fish for pike on there ? Definately worth a go from what i saw.

While sat there i did notice a few pike hitting the fry in the margins, they were relentless !

Anybody fish for pike on there ? Definately worth a go from what i saw.

There is some great pike fishing to be had on the Trent for those prepared to put the work in, but understandably you won’t find many pikers willing to give anything away. The silver fish in the Trent seem to be doing well, and the pike always follow-suit. I’m guessing that not a lot of pike will have been caught last winter with the levels being so high and water so coloured.

Back