• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Thermometer

Phil Carter

Does anyone know were I can get a good reliable thermometer from hopefully one with a long sensor lead when fishing from high banks.

I've got a ruebon heaton digital thermometer which fits the spec perfectly.

Cant post a link at the moment, but if you google it you will find it.

Check out the Rivertherm, think it has a 4 mtr. cable think the reuben heaton one has a 2 mtr.

I think i have posted this too late Phil; Maplins do a good one for about a tenner.

ive got the ruebon heaton one and its spot on and ive just got the ruebon heaton sportsscale and its a mile out over 7 degrees out and a few friends have bought the same one and they said the same

Whats that Danny 7 degrees on scales???

sportscale is what is printed on the up dated case of the thermometors, i sent 4 for back as they were reading 7-10 degrees too high .the shop sent their stock back as mine were not the only ones that were no good .

A good tip off to other perspective buyers Michael...

I got the Aldi one a few months ago for under a fiver and it seems pretty good. I'll know better when I've got Graham's Reuben sensor in the water next to mine!

I got a Sports Scale for Christmas, couldn't make head nor tail of it. I thought I was just using it wrong and kept meaning to read the instructions.

Looks like it's just rubbish :(

Chuck them, they won,t help you catch fish, quite the opposite in fact, when the thermometer says its too cold, you won,t fish with any confidence, the fish don,t read any books, they don,t do what we think they should be doing in any given set of conditions, they just go about their business, just find them in any season, summer, autumn, winter, and there,s always a chance, regardless of what the thermometer says!!!!!!
peter

thermoter

quite agree with peter,
people like keith spears did well over x mass period and with other anglers brave the cold conditions and were lucky to catch, as keith did ,forget was it a 12lb or 14 not sure, , condition do dictate and are usually right, but sometimes you may be able to catch fish off there guard, me think most of the time its luck, me hats off for people who do brave the conditions and get rewarded

Yes nothing is SET IN STONE......:D

Back