• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing the Teme at Ham Bridge

Hi, I am off to Pitlands Farm for the weekend soon and would like to catch a couple of evenings on the Teme. Does anyone know where I can get day tickets or permissions to fish the Teme close to Ham Bridge?

The nearest to Ham Bridge on a day ticket would be Stanford Bridge on the BAA ticket. Above Ham Bridge is White Swan on left bank, PAAS right bank. Below is PAAS on left bank and private on right bank no day tickets from either club.

The BAA bit above Stanford Bridge used to be pretty decent, but it's a long while since I fished it.

Hi men,

Even nearer . As you look downstream from the bridge , the left hand bank belongs to a local (the private bit Pete is talking about I think ) who sells tickets . They will tell you when you arrive where to go . Banks are normal stuff , take rope , good boots , fish can be seen from bridge . Hope things are the same as when we were last in the area !, if not the above BAA are worth a look.

Hatter

Last edited:
Thats what I thought Mark as I fished that bit a few years back. Pete seems to be saying otherwise now though.

Used to love fishing betewwn the bridges at stanford bridge as a kid,never faild to catch barbel there!Anybody fished the white swan stretch at ham bridge??not got round to trying it yet

Thats what I thought Mark as I fished that bit a few years back. Pete seems to be saying otherwise now though.
I only said it was private. I fish the other bank. Never seen anybody fishing it (during the week) from the private stretch.

The WSP and PAAS stretches above Ham Bridge have lots of grayling in the winter. Tough going getting to the river from the WSP side during summer and not that much better from the other side, but barbel there for you to find. Loads and loads of chub and some barbel in rather obvious places....take a rope! Hardly ever see any one around this bit winter or summer....maybe they all come on the weekend. Very nice bit of the Teme IMO.

Last edited:
i can get hold of tickets for the private stretch below ham, i've got the owners number jotted down, he's a decent chap but wont suffer fools at all, if approached and asked he'l say no straight away, giving the impression that you cant get access, i think he likes to keep it for the local lads,

i can get hold of tickets for the private stretch below ham, i've got the owners number jotted down, he's a decent chap but wont suffer fools at all, if approached and asked he'l say no straight away, giving the impression that you cant get access, i think he likes to keep it for the local lads,
That's what I thought. Usually the case when a private sign goes up on the Teme and fair enough. I am afraid us Brummie townies have a bad reputation amongst many locals and in some cases well deserved:(. And too a real local anyone from further East than Worcester counts as a "Brummie".

That's what I thought. Usually the case when a private sign goes up on the Teme and fair enough. I am afraid us Brummie townies have a bad reputation amongst many locals and in some cases well deserved:(. And too a real local anyone from further East than Worcester counts as a "Brummie".

You got it pete, it all started when the banks of stanford where used as a giant rubbish tip and the regular damage and destruction of the trees for bonfires. the Sinnet family who own the ground are major players in the area and word travelled fast, bit of a shame because the black country lads that i'd class as real fisherman would often take black bags of rubbish away that wasn't even there's, but it only takes 1 or 2 yobs to mess it up for all,

I personally think the trouble stemmed from tackle shops knocking out the river map booklets for a quid to people who had no intention of ever buying a ticket, was an open invite to do as they pleased and knowing that it's highly unlikely that there ever going to bump into a baliff

Hi men,

No problem for me , could have fished on two occations , and I'm a right dodgy character !!!. Talked to him , and even made some swim / access to the water , worth asking . If not plenty of water locally to have a go at !.

Hatter

Hi, I am off to Pitlands Farm for the weekend soon and would like to catch a couple of evenings on the Teme. Does anyone know where I can get day tickets or permissions to fish the Teme close to Ham Bridge?
Hi Phil,
from Ham bridge, drive 200 yards downstream, on the left is a farm entrance, go into the entrance and there you will be met by a barking dog, this is tied up, the bungalow is where the farmer lives, his name is Brian, if he is not there you can put your day ticket money in an envelope with your car number on it and post it in his letter box, or go back out the gate into the other gate opposite and there you will see Brian or one of his workers, you can park on the farm.
If all fails, have a word with Diane at Pitlands, she may have Brians number to get the day ticket price.
When i have fished there for more than a day, i pay Brian in advance, it saves going backwards and forwards.
Dont forget the other advice you was given, make sure you take a rope, some of the banks are steep and impossible when wet without one.
Good luck, and enjoy.
Brian.
PS....Brian stretch of river is from Ham Bridge down stream for two meadows, but just the left hand side looking downstream, there are plenty of Barbel on this stretch, with easy parking, ask the farmer where the deep stretch is, you may need a cutter for the Himalayan Balsam, it is rife here but easy to cut.

Last edited:
Thats it Brian, thats what I did, must be 6 years ago, caught too.

Pete, You said PAAS left bank looking downstream of bridge, it isnt. Got your left and right mixed up I think.

Last edited:
Thanks Tony,
upstream of Ham Bridge, one side is White Swan, and the other side is Prince Albert, downstream on the right hand side is Prince Albert, or at least it was a few years ago.
Pitlands Farm do sell BAA day tickets and also they sell day tickets for a private stretch at Ham Bridge, i don't know if thats the downstream stretch, best thing is to give Diane a ring at Pitlands, visit the Pitlands website.
Brian.

Last edited:
I had my best Teme day ever on that private downstream bit including a good double a few years ago. There is a nice swim straight across the field from the gate, you will probably need a scythe with you

Thats it Brian, thats what I did, must be 6 years ago, caught too.

Pete, You said PAAS left bank looking downstream of bridge, it isnt. Got your left and right mixed up I think.
I always give left and right looking upstream, as used to be the tradition....maybe I shall start to use North and South if people are going to get confused:confused: Left bank is South(ish), Right bank North(ish) more or less for most of the Teme.:)

Last edited:
Back