• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing licence renewal online

Regarding the facility to set up a direct debit for the license fee, it certainly didn't work out for a pal of mine. Around 6 years ago the direct debit he'd set up paid out around 9 times (God knows how it happened) and cleaned out his current account causing somewhat financial embarrassment. When the matter was resolved he cancelled the DD arrangement having lost faith in the system. However the following year not giving license renewal a thought, he got caught with an out of date license in early April at one of our club lakes, and got fined accordingly.
I know we all use DD's for council tax/gas/electric etc, without giving it a second thought, but after his experience I've stuck to my stroll up the post office then visit the pub routine as far as my rod license is concerned, and so far it's been foolproof:D.

I thought the receipt only lasted 28 days? Last year took 7 weeks and 2 attempts. Went to the post office on Saturday and did it the old fashioned way so hopefully it'll arrive!

It does, but never been caught out as yet, besides even it was valid for 28 days the payment that was accepted should be proof enough, I would think that the onus is on EA not the customer to sort out the paperwork.

Direct debit method worked flawlessly again this year, new licence just dropped through the letter box, chub is this year's fish!

Regarding the facility to set up a direct debit for the license fee, it certainly didn't work out for a pal of mine. Around 6 years ago the direct debit he'd set up paid out around 9 times (God knows how it happened) and cleaned out his current account causing somewhat financial embarrassment. When the matter was resolved he cancelled the DD arrangement having lost faith in the system. However the following year not giving license renewal a thought, he got caught with an out of date license in early April at one of our club lakes, and got fined accordingly.
I know we all use DD's for council tax/gas/electric etc, without giving it a second thought, but after his experience I've stuck to my stroll up the post office then visit the pub routine as far as my rod license is concerned, and so far it's been foolproof:D.

Hi Peter

Direct Debit small print should be read closely. Had some issue with "power provider" in the past when they took a few payments that they believed they were entitled to. Anyway,they were not, and i eventually got the money refunded to my account "and" a rebate??? I have always wondered why they would rather receive payment through direct debit and not a Standing Order? I'm sure someone will know:)

Stephen

A direct debit amount varies depending on what the recipient demands, a standing order is for a fixed amount as specified when set up, so each time the price goes up you would have to amend it through your bank. No doubt that would cause all sorts of chasing up and extra admin if people failed to do it.

Back