• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing licence renewal online

Graham Elliott

Senior Member & Supporter
Well I've tried twice so far. From the EA email.

Both times it gets to the Pay now box........and no further.

Anyone else?

I had the same problem but tried latter and it was ok, at least I have an email saying so.

Hi Graham
I was having exactly the same problem until I clicked on ' input address manually ' then it went through no problem twice, (as i couldnt add a 2nd one to my basket, but thats another story)
Neil

Neil. Just tried again. Manually again.

Gets to.... pay by card. Then the button does nothing.

I'll go to the Post Office.

Done mine by direct debit for years and never have a problem.

I get a letter from the EA in February telling me they'll be taking the fee from my account unless I tell them not to and my licence arrives a few weeks later.

That said there's always a first time so fingers crossed:(

Done mine by direct debit for years and never have a problem.

I get a letter from the EA in February telling me they'll be taking the fee from my account unless I tell them not to and my licence arrives a few weeks later.

That said there's always a first time so fingers crossed:(

Been doing the same without any trouble until last year when they sent letter, took payment and then no licence showed up. Required two phone calls, one at the end of March and another a month later before a 'replacement' licence was sent. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly this year!

I prefer to take a stroll up the road to the Post Office, pay in cash, get my receipt, in the pub next door, couple of pints no stress, sorted:D.

Graham,
Have you ticked the little terms and conditions box above the pay now button.It won't let you go on to payment unless you have.

Done al the usual stuff.

Will try on pc rather android and see.

Joe. The six year old can only help with i- phones.....

Post Office and pub as suggested methinks!

Graham.

Did mine on line last night - luckily no problem. Not too concerned about the licence - have the confirming email. Arrived OK last year though.

Graham, you think you have problems? I don't even know what an 'Android' phone is :eek: I keep hearing mention of them, but I assumed they were something from Doctor Who or whatever :D I do have a mobile phone, but that's all it is...a phone. It may do other things, I don't know, and certainly don't care either way. As to whether it is an 'Android' or not, that is another thing that I neither know nor care about....just so long as I can make phone calls with it.

Cheers, Dave.

Likewise John, worked for me (not on Android though Graham !!)..received the renewal e-mail on the 3rd, licence back in yesterday's post....sorted

Not expert with smart phones/i-pads Graham, but they do appear to have their limitations. Was recently told by a big utility company that I would need to use a laptop to set up a payment. Tried the i-pad anyway and it wouldn't allow me to enter a sort code. Back to the laptop, then all was OK. Hang on to the old PC eh. Regards, Rod.

Direct debit. If you intend to get one every year I see no reason not to! Saves a lot of hassle. If they get it right of course!

Back