• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fishing Books Wanted

Ian Wetton

As per a previous post, I am re-building my collection after selling up a couple of years ago and I thank both those that reached out and those who I purchased from. I am looking for coarse fishing books, signed copies, limited editions etc and list a few below to give a flavour ( please DM me ) :

Leather bound books
Any Barbel Books
Steve Stayner Barbel Books
Eel books
Chris Yates 1st Editions
Rod Hutchinson Carp Books
Modern Barbel Baits
Nature of Barbel
Barbel Tales Barbel Society Book
Barbel River Everard
Brush with the Avon
Chalk Stream Roach
Chub Study Group Books
Big Roach Wintle
Book of the Perch
Biggest Fish of All
Time for Tench
Tinca Tinca
Mammoth Pike
Chew Valley Giants
Broadland Pike
Ultimate Pike
River Pike
Beyond the Green Gate
Carp Strikes Back
Merry Olde Dance
Living the Dream
Crock of Gold
Terry Lampard Books
Maurice Pledger books
Stephen Harper Books
LEP Limited Edition books
Medlar Limited Editions
LEP Willow Pitch Books
Books on Tackle / Floats

Last edited:
Saw this in AT today may be of use to some of you guys looking for books

Attachments

• IMG_4073.jpeg
    IMG_4073.jpeg
    184.2 KB · Views: 60
That’s quite some list there Ian. I suspect you may have to part with some serious folding matter to tick them all off, particularly if you use the services of a book dealer.

I do have many of those myself but with the Great British Pound losing its punching power by the day, I’m holding on to anything that’s valuable and gives me pleasure. Like yourself, I have sold some in the past and immediately regretted it. One regrettable sale was Terry Lampard’s First Cast, for which I should really have punched myself in the face, and then given me a good talking too.

Don’t forget the charity shops. There will be many fruitless visits but there’s always the chance of finding something special. My own best haul for the princely sum of a quid each.

Attachments

• IMG_4920.png
    IMG_4920.png
    293.5 KB · Views: 128
As per a previous post, I am re-building my collection after selling up a couple of years ago and I thank both those that reached out and those who I purchased from. I am looking for coarse fishing books, signed copies, limited editions etc and list a few below to give a flavour ( please DM me ) :

Leather bound books
Any Barbel Books
Steve Stayner Barbel Books
Eel books
Chris Yates 1st Editions
Rod Hutchinson Carp Books
Modern Barbel Baits
Nature of Barbel
Barbel Tales Barbel Society Book
Barbel River Everard
Brush with the Avon
Chalk Stream Roach
Chub Study Group Books
Big Roach Wintle
Book of the Perch
Biggest Fish of All
Time for Tench
Tinca Tinca
Mammoth Pike
Chew Valley Giants
Broadland Pike
Ultimate Pike
River Pike
Beyond the Green Gate
Carp Strikes Back
Merry Olde Dance
Living the Dream
Crock of Gold
Terry Lampard Books
Maurice Pledger books
Stephen Harper Books
LEP Limited Edition books
Medlar Limited Editions
LEP Willow Pitch Books
Books on Tackle / Floats
Hi Ian
I have quite a few barbel books I am willing to sell.
Let me sort them out and I’ll let you know.
Regards
Danny

That’s quite some list there Ian. I suspect you may have to part with some serious folding matter to tick them all off, particularly if you use the services of a book dealer.

I do have many of those myself but with the Great British Pound losing its punching power by the day, I’m holding on to anything that’s valuable and gives me pleasure. Like yourself, I have sold some in the past and immediately regretted it. One regrettable sale was Terry Lampard’s First Cast, for which I should really have punched myself in the face, and then given me a good talking too.

Don’t forget the charity shops. There will be many fruitless visits but there’s always the chance of finding something special. My own best haul for the princely sum of a quid each.
We sold quality, niche, second hand non fiction books on Amazon for a decade until the algorithms trashed it, mostly second hand sourced from charity shops. Quality Angling books were rare hence the asking prices.

That is some find Haydn, never been that lucky with Charity shops

Back