• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish Tales

Paul Boote

No Longer a Member
One of Arthur Ransome's translations of old Russian folk tales dramatized for 15 mins of blessedly still non-Murdoch, sans "Bullsharks - Man's Worst Enemy" goggle uncritically trailer (programme subsequently unwatched: washing hair), "When (oh when) can I be famous?", meeja.

Old Peter's Russian Tales - Fish Tales

A forester tells his grandchildren about an old fisherman and a golden fish. Arthur Ransome dramatisation with Trevor Cooper.

* Broadcast on BBC Radio 7, 9:00PM Tue, 28 Dec 2010
* Available until 11:17AM Tue, 4 Jan 2011
* First broadcast BBC Radio 7, 11:00AM Tue, 28 Dec 2010
* Drama
* Duration 15 minutes

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wwb3p/Old_Peters_Russian_Tales_Series_2_Fish_Tales/

Nah. Our fellow citizen non-members need a dose of readily accessible reality now and again. Do 'em good, might make 'em think...

The great unwashed are used to comments like that and go away and say (strictly among themselves) -

tosscaberDM2408_468x692.jpg

The Chairman on Tuesday

Re: Brains

Not the size of 'em, but the speed, flexibilty and devastating effect with which they work. So frightens me, I stick to my very considerable caber...

As ever,

B.B.

Now, let me think back...

The last time I did that - often and sometimes highly informatively - I was chased about the rivers of the Home Counties and the Internet by a bunch of -

tosscaberDM2408_468x692.jpg

- who cut up rough when I wouldn't say more.

Hi men ,

Chased around your river ???, bit mad . No need to chase on the Ouse near me , as all knew about Vauxhalls , all knew about MK , all knew about Adams Mill ???? , so the location of fish of record proposions was not a problem ! .

Hatter

Hi men,

For someone who has been physically chased around the home counties , why would you put up a post like this then on the barbel talk site ?, as some people may need an explanation of how this relates to barbel angling .

Hatter

Last edited:
Back