• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish In Warks Avon. Update

I hope I have detailed everything re location etc.

Anybody needing more info just call me.

Bit of extra water coming in as has been very clear of late..

Be aware that there are lots silvers in the river at the moment so bear in mind regarding tactics.

Anybody thinking of having a Zander go I'm happy to advise

Looking forward to meeting up.
G
I’ll be bring a zander rod/deadbaits with me. Any advice/pointers will be much appreciated.

Thanks Richard, that,s a very kind offer. Whats your tipple ? My brother and i are booked in to the local Premier Inn for the night. But we,ll defo enjoy sharing a beer or two with you. 👍
🍻
My tipple, Derek, is whatever's available. :)
Real ale in a good pub, but not at all fussy. Let's hope the weekend throws up a fish or two to make your Premier Inn dreams become reality!

Really looking forward to meeting you and everyone else. The forecast bit of extra water will be very welcome.

Seems I missed digit from Andy Burts number. Will try adv again by pm.

If I'm not at gate when you arr let yourself in and relock please.

Evening gents - sorry to report that Jerry can't make it to tomorrow's fish in. He arranged cover at work (he runs a bar/restaurant) but has been let down at the last minute. He sends his apologies and good luck for the rest of us.
I'll be driving down as scheduled, however. And very much looking forward to the weekend.

Evening gents - sorry to report that Jerry can't make it to tomorrow's fish in. He arranged cover at work (he runs a bar/restaurant) but has been let down at the last minute. He sends his apologies and good luck for the rest of us.
I'll be driving down as scheduled, however. And very much looking forward to the weekend.
Good luck all and sorry to be missing it. However I travel to the HAvon in the morning for a week so silver lining and all that. Let the rest of us know how it’s going. Tight lines.

Anyone had anything worthy of a mention yet ? Nothing to report from this end 😩
Not much to report. It was a very cold night with a few fish being lost and only a few bream caught. Walking along today everyone was struggling- even fishing maggots for a bit of action. Conditions wise it’s not good, gin clear and bright. Tonight is going to be milder and hopefully a few more fish including some barbel will be caught

Not much to report. It was a very cold night with a few fish being lost and only a few bream caught. Walking along today everyone was struggling- even fishing maggots for a bit of action. Conditions wise it’s not good, gin clear and bright. Tonight is going to be milder and hopefully a few more fish including some barbel will be caught

Had 2 chub, on cheese garlic 10mm bolie. Hard work

Nothing from the downstream end to report, apart from a flaming cormorant that surfaced in the margin right in front of me, then flew off. Bast**d.

Still very tough altho I needed to get back home this Morning. Apologies if I didn't get to see you. Especially those still sleeping at 9am.

Jane treated me to a 2 day perch lake camping trip for my birthday for tomorrow. As I'm mentally and physically shattered after walking about 25 miles checking on all, that'll be fun!

Organiser made a few cockles, apologies. Wrong number for Andy and brand new padlock that worked when tested but not afterwards!

Good news.....A barbel has been caught and a few more Chub.
Zander playing hard to get but a few chances missed.

Neil has had some bream to around 7lb....Great if you like them....and few fair perch

It's such a shame it's fished so far below normal.

A Huge thank you to those poor souls who have attended. Maybe one of you can organise another Fish In. I've retired!!!!

I believe I have missed collecting from one person. As only funds from 9 x £30. ( know Jerry couldn't make it) Just pm me pls and I'll give you the a/c number.

Any pictures. Anecdotes you want to send me I'll do a short write up ( Sans fish😮‍💨)

Thanks again, I put up a reply from charity once I give them the funds.

I banked the heaviest catch ever . A big female weighing over 200 pounds. She fell off a kayak and I reached her with a landing net pole, then pulled her to safety. She said "You have saved my life!" If she had been younger and slimmer I would have insisted on the Kiss of Life. But as it was I offered to put her back!

I banked the heaviest catch ever . A big female weighing over 200 pounds. She fell off a kayak and I reached her with a landing net pole, then pulled her to safety. She said "You have saved my life!" If she had been younger and slimmer I would have insisted on the Kiss of Life. But as it was I offered to put her back!
You must have a big set of scales Ian. Did she flap around much on the mat?

I seen it happen, she sat in a blue crocodile canoe shaped inflatable, and tried to slide down the bank into the river. Sadly, she fell off when she hit the water. Glad she is okay.

last knockings saturday, i had my one and only bite, it gave a massive shake of its head, than buried itself in a snag, ( of which there were many on peg 48. Hook pulled :(. 10 mins after starting on sunday ( peg 34 ), a boat went past, and seconds later my tip was rattling, i struck into something heavy, took 5 minutes to get in to the waiting net. a 5oz cage feeder, 20+ yards of line, and a baited hook. If anyone would like it back, please PM me your details. 😁

That would be Andrew Standleys (not BFW), he was on that peg Saturday, said it was hard going. Keep it for next time, great to meet you and sorry you didn’t catch!

Glad the new platform was up to the job!

Back