• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish In Warks Avon. Update

Really sorry that I can't make this.
There's been many classic BFW fish-ins over the years and a lot of wonderful memories.
Well done for organising (again) Graham.
Hope you all have a great day 👍
I’m sad to be missing it as well Mark as I’ve never attended a BFW fish-in. It would have been great to meet up with the names and put a face to them. Hopefully another next year 🤞

This will be my first BFW fish-in, i did book to fish the last one, which was sadly cancelled due to the extreme heat, and low water and oxygen levels at the time. Fingers crossed, everything goes smoothly this time. Many thanks Graham for arranging this. 👍Pity you can,t make it Bill W, maybe the next one.

Last edited:
I hope I have detailed everything re location etc.

Anybody needing more info just call me.

Bit of extra water coming in as has been very clear of late..

Be aware that there are lots silvers in the river at the moment so bear in mind regarding tactics.

Anybody thinking of having a Zander go I'm happy to advise

Looking forward to meeting up.
G

I hope I have detailed everything re location etc.

Anybody needing more info just call me.

Bit of extra water coming in as has been very clear of late..

Be aware that there are lots silvers in the river at the moment so bear in mind regarding tactics.

Anybody thinking of having a Zander go I'm happy to advise

Looking forward to meeting up.
G
Well done Graham on organising it 👍
Work commitments stopped me from attending. Hope the weekend is kind with plenty of laughs and a few fish. A lovely piece of water, which has been producing some special fish.

Graham, are there any plans for Saturday evening, i.e. a pub-in :)👍
Derek, you could see if anyone else wanted to go.
After looking after everyone entering, collecting the money etc. I might try and catch a fish!

However we could have a competition based on.....

" When you returned to your car after parking in Liverpool, how much of it was left"

Just to add to Graham's information. Whilst the venue is secure behind locked gates and the general public do not have vehicle access, there will be dog walkers, walkers and joggers using the tracks/paths.

I may be there from late Friday afternoon, yet to sort a few things out, but will be bivvying on the bank through to Sunday afternoon.

There's been a decent rise in levels today which is very welcome, forecast is for a little more rain but the river should be in fine condition for the weekend.

As Graham has said, the venue has a big head of "silvers". Earlier in the season I trotted casters/tares over hemp and had lots of roach and chublets, a few may have nudged 12oz/1lb. I also had a couple of decent chub around 4lbs+ and bream. On a separate trip I specifically fished deadbaits for zander. I had several to around 4lbs but Graham and others have proven there are far bigger including good doubles in there. Around daylight I switched to the cage feeder and had several 5lbs/6lbs bream plus an excellent 4lbs+ hybrid. So far I've not had a barbel from the venue but others have!

Looking forward to meeting up and having a good couple of days.

Back