• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Fish In Warks Avon. Update

OK.
The 23/4 th Sept is the date we will go for.

Confirmed as is.

Nick Horton
Derek Funks
John( Derek's pal )
Craig Lea
Darren Roberts
Roger Hopkins
Neil Maidment (Synd member)

Maybes.

Ian Sewter
Steven Crowhurst
Alex Warren
Chris Belcher.

Any errors or mistakes and confirmations please just PM me. Or if anyone else want to come along, so I can adjust the numbers. We have 4 spaces currently.

Everyone will get full info a week ahead re detailed location/ access plans for the weekend.

It has some fantastic fish all along the approx 2/3 mile stretch.

We also will consider anyone coming to the Fish In for Syndicate membership next season IF any spaces become available.

Well done for arranging Graham and my apologies I can’t support you. The wife is insistent that she won’t forgo the Greek holiday 🥴

I would have liked to come along Graham but the dates coincide with either end of my autumn Hants Avon trip. Funny thing is I will pass over the top of the Warwickshire Avon on my way down south ! Best of luck to all who attend and I look forward to the reports. I will defo try and get to the next one and meet some of the faces.

OK.
The 23/4 th Sept is the date we will go for.

Confirmed as is.

Nick Horton
Derek Funks
John( Derek's pal )
Craig Lea
Darren Roberts
Roger Hopkins
Ian Sewter
Simon Robinson
Neil Maidment (Synd member)

Maybes.

Steven Crowhurst
Alex Warren
Chris Belcher.

Numbers will be restricted now to 12 Anglers plus any Syndicate members helping/fishing.

Last edited:
Hi Graham

It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make it after all. Bloody work… I’d still like to put a charity donation in though.

Gutted, to be honest. Always fancied a bash at the Warks and what better company to have a crack with than a few fellow BFWers. Maybe next time…

Apologies. I hope it all goes well and look forward to a report!

Best

Alex

Hi Graham

It doesn’t look like I’ll be able to make it after all. Bloody work… I’d still like to put a charity donation in though.

Gutted, to be honest. Always fancied a bash at the Warks and what better company to have a crack with than a few fellow BFWers. Maybe next time…

Apologies. I hope it all goes well and look forward to a report!

Best

Alex
No probs Alex. You've always been great company when you've joined the Dorset Mafia on the Wye

Whilst it’s something I would of really liked to attend sadly I don’t think this will work schedule wise. If it had been the other date I could of made it work but that’s life. At a stretch I could of attended the Saturday but it would of been a push and if someone else can use the slot then I’d rather they got that opportunity.
Thank you for the opportunity though.

Well it looks like we have 9 BFW members coming.
Surprised that's all of the interest for the Fish In on a tremendous bit of the glorious Warks Avon.

Years ago we would have had well over 20 and lifelong friendships were often made after the event and raised hundreds for charity

Anyhow. Thank you very much to those confirmed as coming.

I will send everyone a message a week ahead with specifics about location.access contacts etc.

Anyone who wants any tips nearer the date please don't hesitate to call after you get my number then. CHEERS.

Latest list of attendees.

Nick Horton
Derek Funks
John( Derek's pal )
Craig Lea
Darren Roberts
Roger Hopkins
Ian Sewter
Simon Robinson
Richard Parsons
Jerry Gleeson
As well as a few syndicate members

I will send by PM before this Sunday full details.
Including contact numbers, location, access codes etc. Please check your inboxes.

I'll be there 7.30 to 10am Sat to welcome those arr then.

Messages have been sent. Map to follow later.

And help. Have no idea where name Simon Robinson came from. Not on msg list???

Henry Jones added to attendees.

Last edited:
Back