• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First Session Planning....

Cheers Chris much appreciated! Going to give it a go. I just hope they have spawned by then as I wouldn't want to stress out the fish if they are not ready.

I must admit I won't be there at midnight waiting to cast in. I still get over excited about the season starting, but usually that doesn't extend to missing a night's sleep.

I am respooling my centrepin this weekend and repacking my bag.

My beloved river Colne will be the venue as per ...

I've been flitting about for a season, carping and chasing tench most recently after a winter lure fishing for pike and roving for chub.

I'm ready for barbel again.

Can't wait, frankly.

I'll be walking the banks from June 8th and try to gauge what the fish are doing. It will be a hard one to call this year re spawning. Everything seems to be running late, but I'll just keep an eye on things. If they are shoaling on the shallows I'll just be biting the back of my hand I suppose ... won't be the first time. Frustrating, but no point fishing if they are getting ready for their annual frenzy.

Tight lines to you all.

oh, dear!.jpg

now be carefull out there first day lads....:D:p

Back