• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First ever barbel

Mark Ladds

Been fishing for yeaaaaars and fished for all species but barbel... thought I would give it a go and as I’ve read so many times...why didn’t I do this years ago lol. First go today on my hols And near Bobs island and first ever barbel 11.4lb and what a tug lol I’m hooked again .

Attachments

• EA3D4D02-942F-4D47-8C34-2E5075D6D057.jpeg
    EA3D4D02-942F-4D47-8C34-2E5075D6D057.jpeg
    322 KB · Views: 347
Been fishing for yeaaaaars and fished for all species but barbel... thought I would give it a go and as I’ve read so many times...why didn’t I do this years ago lol. First go today on my hols And near Bobs island and first ever barbel 11.4lb and what a tug lol I’m hooked again .
Good Ladd :eek: Mark...welcome to the clan👍

Well done , cracking first barbel, my first was about 6” long from ringwood, double maggot on a size 16 😊

My first barbel was about a pound around 30 years ago from the Trent. Took me 27 years to get an eleven pounder! Never seriously fished for them during that time though. However, since the eleven I've become obsessed with barbel. What amazing fish. I even took my 18 year old daughter for an evening fishing and she got excited about the brace of ten pounders I caught.

Back