• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

First Barbel.....not a bad start!

Very hard water and very big fish.
The stars were definitely well aligned that particular day for him.
7c16e57e-f475-4f33-b62a-573cf6ab48bf.jpeg

I don’t take photos any more ,unless it’s a fish that looks as though it might beat my PB
which I caught 18 yrs ago, never been close since 😕, don’t use scales either for the same reason.
I also use heavy tackle ,which enables me to land the fish quickly without putting it under undue stress,
especially in the summer months .

Great fish. Well done to the captor.

But...I do wince when I see pics of barbel being held from either direction. Unnecessary imo, just adds to the time they are out of the water. Others may see it differently, but just my opinion.
Get the point you’re making. There’s two photos there that could have been taken within the same burst shot. Also (whilst I don’t) I can appreciate some people might want photos of both sides for identification and if done competently multiple shots could be achieved in half the time someone else spent unhooking the fish…

Back