• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Finally a fish in 2020.

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
2019 was a slow year really, new venue and plenty of information gathering but a steady flow of barbel to some very nice weights gracing the old net.
2020 has been a nightmare. I’m on my 7th trip of the year right now on the bank and finally that rod top has doubled over.
At 9,11 it’s not massive but this is a very special fish cos I’ve worked dam hard to catch her.
still need to get an attachment sorted for my phone photos so she’s a Mat shot I’m afraid

edit I can’t get a good enough signal to down load photos. Will sort it tonight on the WiFi

2019 was a slow year really, new venue and plenty of information gathering but a steady flow of barbel to some very nice weights gracing the old net.
2020 has been a nightmare. I’m on my 7th trip of the year right now on the bank and finally that rod top has doubled over.
At 9,11 it’s not massive but this is a very special fish cos I’ve worked dam hard to catch her.
still need to get an attachment sorted for my phone photos so she’s a Mat shot I’m afraid

edit I can’t get a good enough signal to down load photos. Will sort it tonight on the WiFi

Great stuff! But where is this river that is fishable in the UK at the moment??! 😅

Here we go. Found some signal
crappy photos but she needed to go back to rest more straight away as was an epic battle in this current.
2847B4B0-5CCB-4911-AD73-9AD0F915CC7E.jpeg
55601788-A779-4EA5-8409-31AE4F5011C4.jpeg

I heard from an impeccable source that there have been 1 or 2 proper lumps coming out on massively high rivers up North
It's mind-boggling that some people have the drive( and balls) to fish in these conditions and I salute them( but stay safe). Probably more amazing to me is that if you can find them, them big girls are on the munch. I struggle to get my head around that - incredible fish.

I must admit I really do enjoy fishing a river at the top of it’s banks. Yes they are very daunting looking places when that chocolate river is pushing through with mega pace but it really does narrow down the search and if the search is successful quite often there is a few sitting there kicking about seeking sanctuary.

it’s hard core fishing but in many ways it’s easier locating the fish than it is when the flow is steady, the weather is warm and the fish are more widely spread.

I must admit I really do enjoy fishing a river at the top of it’s banks. Yes they are very daunting looking places when that chocolate river is pushing through with mega pace but it really does narrow down the search and if the search is successful quite often there is a few sitting there kicking about seeking sanctuary.

it’s hard core fishing but in many ways it’s easier locating the fish than it is when the flow is steady, the weather is warm and the fish are more widely spread.
Spot on

Back