• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Finally….., what looks like a great river chair

I have this the compact and it fits on my fox rucksack lovely and it's comfortable and I also have the s23 chair with the barrow kit for the longer journeys I found the delux chair although it had a taller back a bit more uncomfortable than the standard s23 and very heavy

I have this the compact and it fits on my fox rucksack lovely and it's comfortable and I also have the s23 chair with the barrow kit for the longer journeys I found the delux chair although it had a taller back a bit more uncomfortable than the standard s23 and very heavy
Ray does the compact fold flat?? It looks in the picture like the legs have to stay in position all of the time and I'm wondering how easy it fits in the car for transport.

the legs stick out on the older version
I just carry it like that on my back
8B7F6D70-DFA9-4F04-8F65-9265C7CDB8F9.jpeg
995206AC-AC81-4033-8454-EB591EB04EB0.jpeg

I have one too, it's a great chair and I'm really not looking forward to the say when it finally gives up the ghost
Take it on The Repair Shop and tell them it was the chair on which you were sitting when your first double figure barbel pulled your rod tip around. Jay Blades will have no idea what you're talking about (probably), but you might get it restored. 🤣

I thought this looked ideal for my requirements, till the penny dropped it doesn't fold flat. I'll be buggered if I'm going to carry that around on my back!

Ease of carrying is an essential requirement for me, a chair that can be folded flat and can be carried under my kept arm.

I thought this looked ideal for my requirements, till the penny dropped it doesn't fold flat. I'll be buggered if I'm going to carry that around on my back!

Ease of carrying is an essential requirement for me, a chair that can be folded flat and can be carried under my kept arm.
Mine has the shoulder straps and it’s the easiest chair I’ve ever carried.
I hate them under an arm as I like my arms completely free and everything on my back.

Drop the legs out and it becomes a flat chair

Can one of the JRC xlite owners please let me know how high this chair can go??. I have dodgy knees so need a bit of height.. I've had a chub Hi-Lite for years which was perfect but alas it's beyond repair. Any pointers to higher light chairs would be of great help. I do like the korum s23 compact but the lack of folding puts me off.

Can one of the JRC xlite owners please let me know how high this chair can go??. I have dodgy knees so need a bit of height.. I've had a chub Hi-Lite for years which was perfect but alas it's beyond repair. Any pointers to higher light chairs would be of great help. I do like the korum s23 compact but the lack of folding puts me off.
This ain't gonna be much help but...I've extended the legs on my JRC Xlite and it now does 17.5" at rear and 19.5" at front, without issue. It's now great on 45' banks etc, and the fitted back spikes are removeable. I carry by hand (insulation lagging) or by shoulder strap. I can take the chair higher than 19" (top pic below) but that might be pushing it.
B.jpg

A.jpg

20220830_141229.jpg

What about Korum recliner chairs? I think that is Korum’s design of the river roving chair.

I have one - and it's under 4kg. And comfortable. The downside is that it's fairly bulky, and not easy for carrying on the back. Great for overnight sessions where you can park close to the river.

Recently bought the fox duralite after my old faithful JRC gave up and I'm really pleased with it. I thought it may have been a little low to get in and out of but the arms help enormously.

Light as a feather too.

hi Steven, please see my thread, "chair modifications" 1st.October 2020 it outlines how to increase the height of your JRC.

Attachments

• IMG_20210329_180842.jpg
    IMG_20210329_180842.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 116
Back