• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Finally….., what looks like a great river chair

Richard Isaacs

Senior Member & Supporter
I’ve got the older version of this from the mk1 roving kit.

This looks fantastic and certainly seems to tick the right boxes for a potential proper river chair.

All is not lost if mine suddenly gives up the ghost.
200C73D0-568E-4C38-BFA8-067656D24E98.jpeg

Funnily enough I was looking at this chair last week, it is indeed very versatile and light, and appears quite robust from 1st glance. I think some folk might be dissatisfied with the height of the back rest though! It’s not gonna be a chair to snooze in, they probably should have used that as a selling point for river anglers😂

Funnily enough I was looking at this chair last week, it is indeed very versatile and light, and appears quite robust from 1st glance. I think some folk might be dissatisfied with the height of the back rest though! It’s not gonna be a chair to snooze in, they probably should have used that as a selling point for river anglers😂
Certainly not snoozing chairs but something that looks like it can actually be leveled up on steep slopes and get into tight spots and has proper mud feet.
Looks the business to me.
Sick of seeing these tubular frames with 4 inch of leg adjustment and sit 6inch off the floor.

Light weight Fishing chairs are just total crap at the moment I got quite excited when I saw this pop up.

8.2kg 😳
I’ll be giving them a miss

Same here. I still have my old Korum lightweight from 2007. Bought some extending legs (for the chair, not me) from Ebay. Very adaptable it is too. Also have the aeronium recliner, which has decent extending legs, but it's bulky.

Same here. I still have my old Korum lightweight from 2007. Bought some extending legs (for the chair, not me) from Ebay. Very adaptable it is too. Also have the aeronium recliner, which has decent extending legs, but it's bulky.
I really like the 4 independent legs on a chair. Just allows you to tackle anything and sit at a comfortable height.
I’m so glad they’ve bought something back. Useful for the roving river guys. How on Earth they forgot to add carry straps I’ll never know but could probably be easily adapted

I really like the 4 independent legs on a chair. Just allows you to tackle anything and sit at a comfortable height.
I’m so glad they’ve bought something back. Useful for the roving river guys. How on Earth they forgot to add carry straps I’ll never know but could probably be easily adapted
Yes, agree completely, Rich. As for the strap - yes, they'll be something out there.

I think the lack of strap is due to the fact that this is a accessory chair? So I assume they expect you will bring all sort of accessories with the chair on a barrow? Or maybe, like it big brother, the non-compact version, it will come with a carry bag?

the compact version:

the non-compact version:

Back