• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Few years away…

Josh Evans

Evening,

Having not fished the rivers for about 4 years or so, I shifted on my bigger rods Chimera 2’s & 3’s! Just having a shop about to get myself a 1.75lb 12’ rod as i’m planning on hitting the Severn and the Dee once the season starts up again.

I could never fault my Chimera’s, but before I hit the ‘add to basket’ button, the Daiwa Basia x45’s in the same TC have caught my eye. Info is a little thin on the ground with regards to reviews etc etc… I have done some searching on here and there is some details. Just wondering how do they stand up compared to the Chimera no2?

Many thanks

Evening,

Having not fished the rivers for about 4 years or so, I shifted on my bigger rods Chimera 2’s & 3’s! Just having a shop about to get myself a 1.75lb 12’ rod as i’m planning on hitting the Severn and the Dee once the season starts up again.

I could never fault my Chimera’s, but before I hit the ‘add to basket’ button, the Daiwa Basia x45’s in the same TC have caught my eye. Info is a little thin on the ground with regards to reviews etc etc… I have done some searching on here and there is some details. Just wondering how do they stand up compared to the Chimera no2?

Many thanks
There's been a couple of threads on here involving Basia X45s and Chimeras. Put 'Basia X45' into the search facility in the top right hand corner and they should come up👍

The Basia x45s are great rods. I always said the old Infinity 1.75s were the best off the shelf. The Basia blank is great, the rings are good, but would have liked to have seen anti frap rings for the price etc. I have the 1.75s and the 2.75s. The 1.75s great for light lead and feeder work, with lots left in the butt for stopping fish. The blank is very crisp, light and modern. The 2.75 is unlike any 2.75 I have ever used. The rod only weighs 9oz, not a poker at all, very forgiving and able cast any feeder to the far bank of the trent. Very forgiving under the rod tip. You can really bend into anything without the rod locking up. I use the 1.75s on the Trent and TT when using a lead or feeder up to 50gm. The 2.75s from 30 grams to 150gm.
Hope this helps, always try before you buy. The 2.25 is well thought after by a couple of BFW chaps too.

I've got the Basia 2.75 as well. I haven't used Chimeras, so can't compare them but I like the Daiwa's. I can live with the rings TBH, and if you look, lots of the top end off the shelf Barbel and Carp rods all have the same style tip ring.

One thing I do like is the screw down reel seat. I much prefer screw down reel seats rather than screw up. Personal preference I know.

Thanks for taking the time to reply gents, following more reading on here and your reply’s, I’ve decided to order one, worst case is it’ll get sent back! I can’t find anybody local who stocks them!

Thanks for taking the time to reply gents, following more reading on here and your reply’s, I’ve decided to order one, worst case is it’ll get sent back! I can’t find anybody local who stocks them!
Which one you getting?

Back