• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Favorite fishing series/programme???

No Wayne it was bit like a magazine and was presented by someone who may have had screw loose

I also like the first Rod Race and also Matt and Mick's Record Breaking Fish. Some cracking fish caught but mainly i just like watching The Duke's banter. He's such an engaging character.

Also other series... 'Andy Little's Angling Adventures' and 'On Coarse with Dean Macey'. The 2 Screaming Reels series with Nick Fisher were brilliant fun and educational! Out of Town was very laid back and had great atmosphere to it. Hugh Miles is a god at film making and both series of 'Passion' and 'Catching' should be award winners. It is a pity that the Sky/Tight Lines shorties 10-15mins have not been made into compilation vids as some of them were very good also.

Last edited:
I also like the first Rod Race and also Matt and Mick's Record Breaking Fish. Some cracking fish caught but mainly i just like watching The Duke's banter. He's such an engaging character.

Love the music to record breaking fish

In truth, calling productions like 'Passion For Angling' and 'Catching The Impossible' a 'fishing series' is a bit like comparing Gone With The Wind to Eastenders. ;)

They are works of art, lavishly produced and things of beauty to be experienced again and again. Even my wife enjoys them which I doubt could be said of 'Go Fishing With John Wilson' :)

I fondly remember Screaming Reels too, Ray - even the Mr Crabtree section was a nice departure from the usual rod tip watching. Nick Fisher's light-hearted comical approach was very watch-worthy.

Ray is completely biased of course...

rolling meat the ray walton way - YouTube

:)

i would love to see an angling production with jim davidson starring, i had a carp book written by him and it was and still is the most hilarious readin i have ever read about fishing, to see him starring in a fishing video would make me a real happy guy:)

Yeah think i can remember screeming reels was it the head to head program?

I know the one your on about it was a game fisherman vs a course fisherman and they go so many points per fish and were rewarded with food and shelter with points they gained, something like rod wars...might be getting mixed up with road wars.

Screeming reels I mentioned earlier it was a bit off the wall but of it's time like channel 4's fishing version of the "word" , I remember they had some mad Aussie woman in a caravan.

Nick Fisher in OCEAN Green Rubber Chest Waders - YouTube

Agreed, it's excellent. Quite an improvement on that horrific rock soundtrack to Total Fishing ;)

Lol, Deffinately mate the music to RBF gives me a certain buzz for some reason and for me the soundtrack to the programmes go along way (but that might just be me on that) lol ;)

Back