• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Falling in

Yes in my world an idleback is a rod rest.
Dave,
I guess they were just starving,they don't get much bait or disturbance so me falling in didn't spook them at all.
I scared the **** out of a few ramblers though sat there in my skiddies:D

Hi Chris,

That post of mine was a pretty feeble attempt at humour mate...I was suggesting that maybe your experience scared the s**t out of you (before you did the same to the ramblers) and that...er...groundbait...was what kept the fish occupied in the area until you were ready :eek:

Cheers, Dave.

Many of the young victims have been drunk when they have fallen in and found with their flies open..

Some residents are also saying that the money which has recently been spent on the stone slinky to commemorate Charles Darwins associations with the town would have been better spent on railings......Given his observations on the survival of the fittest I wonder what he would have made of this.

Brilliant! :)

Hi Chris,

That post of mine was a pretty feeble attempt at humour mate...I was suggesting that maybe your experience scared the s**t out of you (before you did the same to the ramblers) and that...er...groundbait...was what kept the fish occupied in the area until you were ready :eek:

Cheers, Dave.
With you now,getting a bit slow in my old age.:D

Some residents are also saying that the money which has recently been spent on the stone slinky to commemorate Charles Darwins associations with the town would have been better spent on railings......Given his observations on the survival of the fittest I wonder what he would have made of this.

One thing's for sure....he wouldn't have sat on the fence:)

Back