• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

ESP Strip Teaze

Iain Tutt

Having bought some braid from Rob Francis, i have noticed that the ESP Strip Teaze has a much smaller diameter than the Sufix Camfusion in the same strength than i usually use for my hook lengths. I also noticed it is much more supple.
My question is, is the ESP is suitable for making long hook length.

Also in my little buy, Rob included some new spools of ESP Anchor uncoated braid.
What are your thoughts on using this as a hook link. Am a bit weary as this is uncoated

I agree with Glynn, been using it for a couple of seasons and it saves making up combi rigs.

Cheers for the feedback on the braid. Any thoughts about the ESP Anchor uncoated braid.

I've recently used anchor braid in 15lb whilst stalking carp,(doubles and twenties)it sinks like a brick like no other braid I've seen. The first fish I hooked tried to get under a moored barge on the canal I stopped the fish then the braid snapped at the swivel knot,
I've since had a further 7 carp bites on it and on the last one the braid broke half way down the hooklength! I wouldn't dream of using the 15lb version for barbel or anything come to that, I won't be using it again. I've pretty much exclusively used sheath skin in 15lb ever since it came out and have never had it break on me under any circumstance. I just strip all the coating off if I want a supple braid.
The 20lb anchor braid might be ok but it's a lot thicker than the 15lb version.

I went through many different types of coated braids and was never totally happy with any of them for various reasons (colour, diameter, coating, general behaviour, coiling up, springy....)

Around 4 years back I tried ESP Two Tone Stripteaze and I haven't looked back since, it's fab stuff and I use the gravel brown or weed greed for much of my barbel fishing. Diameter is good and it lies dead straight, re long hooklengths, I use it in 3 to 5ft lengths.

I went through many different types of coated braids and was never totally happy with any of them for various reasons (colour, diameter, coating, general behaviour, coiling up, springy....)

Around 4 years back I tried ESP Two Tone Stripteaze and I haven't looked back since, it's fab stuff and I use the gravel brown or weed greed for much of my barbel fishing. Diameter is good and it lies dead straight, re long hooklengths, I use it in 3 to 5ft lengths.

What strength do you use Neil, 15, 20 25 ?

15lb BS has never let me down on the Severn, Wye, Dove and Dane. If I have to pull for a break, the hook always bends and gives way first (Drennan SS Barbel or Korda Wide Gape)

I've been trying the new ESP Tungsten loaded soft braid to good effect, no need for extra weights, can be stripped back to form a supple link, abrasive resistant and lies dead straight on the bottom, and comes in various colours .

I've been trying the new ESP Tungsten loaded soft braid to good effect, no need for extra weights, can be stripped back to form a supple link, abrasive resistant and lies dead straight on the bottom, and comes in various colours .

I started using this a couple of months ago as I was looking for a coated braid that doesn't need steaming straight - a pain in the a*se when tying rigs on the bank. I was previously using Drennan Sink Braid.

I use it in conjunction with an anti tangle sleeve and I've yet to have a rig wrap around the lead as I sometimes got with the Sink Braid.

Since using it my catch rate instantly doubled - coincidence or not, I'm convinced it has made a difference and I don't think I'll use anything else ever again.

Luke, i also use an anti tangle sleeve on all my braid links. You can never say if it's upped your catch rate or is it just luck. With me i think it's luck most of the time. The Barbel down here have got very finicky or wise to hook links or large hooks as i have had to scale down on hooks and link diameters. Fingers cross Strip Teaze will help. Found out tomorrow.

I started using this a couple of months ago as I was looking for a coated braid that doesn't need steaming straight - a pain in the a*se when tying rigs on the bank. I was previously using Drennan Sink Braid.

I use it in conjunction with an anti tangle sleeve and I've yet to have a rig wrap around the lead as I sometimes got with the Sink Braid.

Since using it my catch rate instantly doubled - coincidence or not, I'm convinced it has made a difference and I don't think I'll use anything else ever again.

I feel the same on catch rates Luke, it's a confidence thing as you know , and I'm sticking with it

Well, it seems to work. No Barbel but 4 Chub ranging from 2lb to 4.7lb. On on glued hair rigged Elps large pellets. Found shorted hook link of 2ft helped. All caught just before sunrise. Back on Wednesday for a few hours night session.

Back