• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Epsom Surrey

Michael Hardinges

Morning guys

I am going to work for 6 months in Epsom Surrey, I know the Thames is close.

I am looking for a bit of a pointer of where I should be concentrating. I believe there are few other rivers near by, any help would appreciated.

Please PM me if you prefer.

Thanks for your help.

Mike

Try Walton upon Thames by the bridge. Free fishing. Alway caught a good mixture of fish from there. Good food trailer there too. Then there's Kingston and Richmond by Eel pie island, Twickenham between Kingstone and Richmond is good too and free . There is also the Mole river at Hersham that runs down to Guildford. I think the Mole at Guildford belongs to a club but IRC it was about a fiver a day.
Then you have Bury hill fisheries at Dorking. Have a look at their website.

Thames, Wey and Mole would be your closest Michael. The latter two being mostly club controlled.
The Wey between Weybridge and Guildford is worth considering,..Byfleet and Woking clubs are two of your nearest,...Godalming and Farnham a bit further.
Leatherhead, Dorking, Brockham and Carshalton ( Betchworth) have some nice stretches of the Mole within easy reach of Epsom.
ATB Dave

Get on the Thames, this is generally the best time of year. Free fishing from Staines downstream. Anywhere can produce barbel. Try the roving approach, 20 mins or so per swim and keep moving. Drop a few pellets in as you go and fish them on the way back. Happy hunting!

Stephen

I'd look at a byfleet ticket, tick lots of boxes and night fishing available too. Dorking and Leatherhead tickets don't give that option.

Back