• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Energizer Head torch

Stephen Scaysbrook

My Energizer head torch has become a little loose on the pivot which allows the light to slip down when moving about.
I know a lot of you lads on here use these head torches and wondered if any one was having the same problem or had come up with a quick fix.
I've tried a few things but with out success. The torch isn't very old.
I've just been to go out doors and had a look at a Petzl Tikka plus 2 which also has the red light on it but you need to go through the full range of white lights before you get to the red. At £31.99 and with the order of lights I would rather stick with the Energizer if I can fix the problem.

Last edited:
Had my one for a good few years now, never had that problem, never heard anyone else having that problem .

Just had a look at a spare i have, the only thing i can think of doing is to heat up at piece of thin wire and try to melt the plastic either side that makes the light pivot to try to close the gap up ?

My Energizer head torch has become a little on it'd pivot which allows the light to slip down when moving about.
I know a lot of you lads on here use these head torches and wondered if any one was having the same problem or had come up with a quick fix.
I've tried a few things but with out success. The torch isn't very old.
I've just been to go out doors and had a look at a Petzl Tikka plus 2 which also has the red light on it but you need to go through the full range of white lights before you get to the red. At £31.99 and with the order of lights I would rather stick with the Energizer if I can fix the problem.

Stephen , after extended use I have had a couple of Energisers with the same problem . Unfortunately I couldn't see a way of rectifying it .

i have the Petzl Tac Tikka 3 it is so easy as you can just flip the red lens up on it and just flip it down when needed

Back