• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

elips pellets

Elips have a higher oil and protein content (around 45%) than Halibut pellets.

They also contain a high level of shrimp meal and less in the way of bulking agents apparently.

Tom.

Sounds obvious but Ellips are produced as a proprietary trout feed, Hallibut pellets are a.....hallibut feed.

I've spoken to loads of people who think they're called hallibut pellets because they have hallibut in. They may well do (in the fish meal), but that's not why they're called that.

AF

Joe,

Would you say that the various brands differ that much?

Joe,

Would you say that the various brands differ that much?
Hi John to answer your question . If I am honest the answer to your question is I dont know . Up until the start of this season I all ways used Halibut pellets [ Dynamite] . Then having read Trefor West's book '' A life time addiction ''and having read other peoples comments on them and they seemed to be the best Ellips pellets on the market . I decided to give Hinders Ellips pellets a try . Like other people when you are trying some thing new you look for other peoples comments and experince for guidence .
Weather the Hinders are better than other brands I dont know . At the moment the jury is still out . I think its all about having confidence in the bait you are useing . The facts speak for them self that some brands of bait put more fish on the bank than others . No doubt other people have different views and opinions on the subject and we will see what people have to say on the subject

Morning Joe,

Yes people do speak highly of the Hinders elips pellets and most of their other stuff too, I haven't used the elips on the hook as i am a boilie user but i have used the smaller sonubaits elips in mesh bags as loose feed and i can confirm that the barbel are very fond of them they certainly attract fish....

I've been doing quite well on Hinders baits, so won't be switching brands anytime soon. As said before it's a confidence thing.

ive been using prologic dna elips pellets but cant find them for sale anywhere and im down to my last 3kilo, are they discontinued and has anyone else tried these? paul....

I only ever use Elips pellets and Elips ground pellets as feeder groundbait and mix it with hemp. I won't be changing either. They have been the most successful pellet I've used, either banded or on a hair. The results have been the same. I have total confidence in them. Good ad for Hinders!!

I've been using them for years now and have the utmost confidence in them as a barbelbait.
But saying that those who use halibut pellets, those who use boilie's, those who use other pellets and there are a lot of varities out there, all have confidence in their bait. As said earlier.

To me a lot of fishing is about confidence

Hi men ,

Not many pellet companys produce elip pellets ;);), so the diffrence in bait firms versions cant be that much , only adding to the product before packaging ?.

Hatter

Back