• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Ebro catfishing

I noticed the floats Gav....bet that was exhilarating when they slid away
If anyone can get out there Al is a brilliant guide, the digs are very comfortable and the town is excellent for a beer and a pizza on the marina
Al also does bird-watching guiding so is just the man for pointing out exotic bods while you're catching some sun on the skiff between fish.
A proper holiday

Back on the Ebro last week for a few days fishing from a boat between Tortosa and Deltebre on the lower river. Water very low and pretty clear after a prolonged dry period in Catalunya. Cats were finicky but landed 11 at an average weight of 66lb, best two going 161lb and 128lb. Still looking for a 200lb+ but booked again for next year to try again. River was very quiet for anglers.

Bird spotting was exceptional and ticked off a few new species, a wryneck was a joy. Ospreys, marsh harriers and black kites were a daily encounter.

I had five days on the lower Ebro around Amposta last week, catfishing was the main priority but lots of bird-spotting opportunities too. Angling wise it was my best trip thus far with 20 cats landed, four over 100lb with the best going 147lb. Conditions were favourable with a bit of extra water in and colour. Birding highlights were ospreys on a daily basis, marsh harriers, black kites and a Bonelli's eagle.

I had five days on the lower Ebro around Amposta last week, catfishing was the main priority but lots of bird-spotting opportunities too. Angling wise it was my best trip thus far with 20 cats landed, four over 100lb with the best going 147lb. Conditions were favourable with a bit of extra water in and colour. Birding highlights were ospreys on a daily basis, marsh harriers, black kites and a Bonelli's eagle.

What a beast Gavin 👏🏻

Mequinenza 250lb
IMG-20240323-WA0010-2.jpg

Back