• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA River Levels web site

Impressive...... but look how low the levels are. That's scary!!!

Guys,

Chris Jones recently posted a link to the EA River Level site in the River Swale thread.

I had no idea that this resource was available so I thought I'd post it here on the assumption that many others many also not be aware of it:

I can't take any credit. Have a look here.;)

Impressive...... but look how low the levels are. That's scary!!!

Chris,

The levels on the little river that I am fishing at the moment, down in the SE, is 2.43m. The average for the river is apparently between 2.6 & 2.4m. It seems that the SE region was spared the drought that has hit many other areas.

Cheers, Dave.

i was looking at the colne today below batchworth, it's low, but not desperate,I've seen worse.
however, we have some potential dry spells to come.

i was looking at the colne today below batchworth, it's low, but not desperate,I've seen worse.
however, we have some potential dry spells to come.

Low but not desperate....sounds a bit like me at the moment Dave :rolleyes:

Nothing my third session of the season won't cure though :D All I have to do is get my lazy arse down there :rolleyes:

Weird...as I was typing this, a weather forecast came on the box, saying it's going to rain everywhere tomorrow...except in the SE !....with more unsetled weather to come...may have to get a move on!

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
Well it looks like we will have sun and showers on Friday and Saturday. I doubt that it will do much for Norfolk's rivers though. As I'm not likely to start fishing them before Sept/Oct, I don't need to be worrying too much about it yet.

Certainly doesn't look like the deluge that they were forecasting earlier in the week.:(

That info on here is priceless.

Cheers Chris, even if it came via the Wye thread.

Jon

Low but not desperate....sounds a bit like me at the moment Dave :rolleyes:

Nothing my third session of the season won't cure though :D All I have to do is get my lazy arse down there :rolleyes:

Cheers, Dave.
you and me both, i'm waiting for the weather to break, they reckon friday/sat dave, i'll be down.

EA river levels; Gone, gone, gone

Great to see that this lasted for a couple of weeks. Now down with this message
This service is being temporarily interrupted due to technical difficulties, we are working hard to address.

There is currently no reinstatement date for this
Shooting yourself in the foot for the EA this is. Still they will be gone soon.

Great to see that this lasted for a couple of weeks. Now down with this message

Shooting yourself in the foot for the EA this is. Still they will be gone soon.

The message I just got was a quite different "The system is currently unavailable while maintenance takes place"

Back