• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA pledges review of poaching ‘inaction’

"After the meeting, the minister instructed the EA to co-operate with the trio as part of a formal review into freshwater fisheries enforcement, though the agency said it would be doing so as part of an existing wider review, not a new one". Whatever that means in plain English :rolleyes:?

"After the meeting, the minister instructed the EA to co-operate with the trio as part of a formal review into freshwater fisheries enforcement, though the agency said it would be doing so as part of an existing wider review, not a new one". Whatever that means in plain English :rolleyes:?

My concern is that it means they have no extra resources or money to put into it?

My concern is that it means they have no extra resources or money to put into it?
It's all our concerns if fish stocks are being decimated due to EA inaction. 'Lack of funding' (previously 'requirement for intelligence led information' which anglers provided) seems just the latest excuse for a lack of inaction and a way of kicking the problem into the long grass. In recent decades, the EA from what I've heard from numerous other anglers, and experienced myself, have mostly failed anglers just concerns. What do they receive from the EA licence tax? £26,000,00? Serious question. Other than the good job that they seem to do at Calverton what other benefits do anglers receive for their specific tax payment? I'm expecting another public relations name change.

Back