• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

EA +ANGLING TRUST FORUM/MEETING this WED 1ST MARCH - SPARSHOLT COLLEGE -

Ray Walton

Be There and Ask some serious questions this Wedneday 1st March.

Angling Trust South East Fisheries Forum
March 1st 2017
Sparsholt College
Westley Lane, Sparsholt, Winchester SO21 2NF
Tea and Coffee served from 6.40pm - Meeting begins 7.00pm
In Association with The Environment Agency
This meeting is open to all anglers and fishery owners and is free to attend
Draft Agenda:
Angling Trust Update
Whats it like to be an Angling Trust Volunteer Bailiff - One of our bailiffs tells of his experiences
Environment Agency Fisheries Update, to include news on abstraction
Guest Speaker - TBC
If you have any key issues you would like to see discussed at this meeting then please call or email suggestions to:
ian.shepherd@anglingtrust.net or 07495 433 613

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/angl...hampshire-fisheries-forum-tickets-31593703618

Thanks for posting Ray,would really have liked to make it but our club has a fishery and bailiffs meeting to try to sort out all the issues/plans with our waters,major changes/work ahead(Work starting this week).The Abstraction issue is a major one we have on the Colne. I would be interested to know, if anyone attends what can be done to try to limit abstraction /challenge rights to abstract/can we oppose these abstraction licences

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39109865
I wonder if the scrapping of caps on environmental litigation costs may affect AT - Fish Legal's ability to stand up to the big boys? ... or anyone else for that matter.
The article does state however that fees will be decided on ability to pay?
Whatever,...it seemed a negative bit of news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39109865
I wonder if the scrapping of caps on environmental litigation costs may affect AT - Fish Legal's ability to stand up to the big boys? ... or anyone else for that matter.
The article does state however that fees will be decided on ability to pay?
Whatever,...it seemed a negative bit of news.

That's terrible news.

Why we even need to pay for Rod licenses these days after nearly all the public water ways were sold off the private groups. I might be ill informed, if so, please educate me!

OT with the OP: the only question I would have is can we do anything about the otters, crayfish and cormorants demolishing our swims, making them near void of fish???

I would ask similar...Can we do anything about the EA, Water and Sewage Companies, National Farmers Union and some farmers demolishing and murdering our rivers making them near void of fish, eels, wildfowl, birds, amphibians, protected water voles, macro invertebrates (food for fish and everything along the riverine food chain), viable spawning grounds and essential critical habitat for survival of everything + bankside trees and vegetation and weedgrowth cover and sanctuary.

Back