• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Dying on it's backside.

Hi men,

It's nice to see anyone posting , old or new ?. I can remember the "good old days" , and remember the personal abuse people handed out , and took by faceless keyboard warriors , lies about people with no come back , and the moderators fighting a continual battle . A bit of banter , poking fun was all good , but lots of it turned dark. There is and must be a balance between banter , and what juniors and new members read .

Hatter

Hi men,

It's nice to see anyone posting , old or new ?. I can remember the "good old days" , and remember the personal abuse people handed out , and took by faceless keyboard warriors , lies about people with no come back , and the moderators fighting a continual battle . A bit of banter , poking fun was all good , but lots of it turned dark. There is and must be a balance between banter , and what juniors and new members read .

Hatter

Absolutely right young Hatter.

I remember some of the old "names" on here and worked out who a good few of them where. I was shocked when meeting some of these people on the banks, reading what they wrote and talking too them, sometimes it was very hard too reconcile the two.

A bit of banter and a good old ding dong is what fishing is sometimes about, because i disagree with some peoples views does not make me wrong or right for that matter but sometimes in the past it had descended into bullying and out and out abuse and that was wrong.

Yes this forum is a far more sterile place than it used too be, some will say it is a bad thing, other will say differently but a line must be drawn somewhere and the owners have drawn that line. If i do not like where the line is drawn then i do not visit the sites, it may be my loss but hey.......................:D:D:D:D

Back