• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drivewear Polarised glasses

Hi Graham, i have been using my prescription optilabs fordrivin g at night and have no problem with them, i finf they cut the glare out from streetlighting and soften the glare from oncoming headlights, cheap they aint but mine are now about 5 year old and still unblemished, incidently you can get all the parts for their glasses by return of post including changes in your prescription
lenses which take about a week mate

I certainly won't be going for an obvious "sports" frame as on a man of more mature years they look as stupid as a baseball cap. I like the look of the Jaguar frames as jags are resolutely unfashionable cars (with the exception of E Types), so I hope the frames will be as well:) If only the did "Old Holburn" frames, I'd be well in.

In an effort to not appear like a fashion victim I opted for a pair of Aviator style frames for my last pair of sunglasses.
I was gutted to learn from my favourite 'lookie lookie man' in Tenerife a few weeks ago that 'retro top gun' are the new look for this summer.

Thanks very much for bringing the Drivewear lenses to my attention, I might have to 'sit on' embarrassingly fashionable Aviator varifocals and look for some new ones.

if any of you guys want drivewear lenses, pm me and i'll do them for cost price + vat for any forum member.

lol beat that specsavers ;)

Chris

if any of you guys want drivewear lenses, pm me and i'll do them for cost price + vat for any forum member.

lol beat that specsavers ;)

Chris

That's a damned fine offer.:) Presuming that you are in that particular game in some capacity, what do you make of Drivewear?

I am an Optician by trade, I have a little practice in the cotswolds.

Drivewear lenses are are very good as they are useable in all light conditions, but I have to say I use maui jims for my fishing as the polarised filter is the best around at the moment

Chris

Graham,
mine are prescription glasses, though you can also get them without any correction.
I'd talk to your optician if you are having problems driving at night. As I understand it, driving with sunglasses at night is a big no no. I have seen a suggestion of a minimum light transmission requirement. No idea what the figure is or even if there's any truth in it.

Its most definitely true!

I'm pretty sure that the most recent regulations state that no lens with a light transmission value of less than 88% should be worn for driving after dusk.

that said, most police officers don't carry a photometer to check this of course!

Its most definitely true!

I'm pretty sure that the most recent regulations state that no lens with a light transmission value of less than 88% should be worn for driving after dusk.

that said, most police officers don't carry a photometer to check this of course!

I recall a case a few months back where a yuppie type was done because the tinted windows in his obscenely expensive car had illegally low light transmission levels. Shame really.

Cheers, Dave.

Chris, any particular style of Maui jims u recommend. Had a quick google as I had never heard of them before ! Any advice on where to get them at best price ?

The difference between the two is explained less than clearly on the site
The cost is the same and you can order either version on the site with the same frames in most cases.

after speaking to the rep for these lenses, it appears that the 200 is just a slightly new design, encorporating a later adition of the transistions material that is added to the polarising filter.

I dont see much difference myself, although it appears that the 200 changes state fractionally quicker.

chris

Guess everyone will be kitted out with new glasses next year. Top man Chris, does this offer extend to Maui Jim's also?? Well if you don't ask :D

Blimy keeps filling faster than i can empty it!

I think i have replied to everyone, but if i haven't feel free to send aanother message.

Cheers

Chris

Back