• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Tench floatrod question

Peter Robinson

A pal of mine has just bought an immaculate 12ft 9in Drennan Tench floatrod, still with the plastic wrapping on the handle. The blank is grey in colour with rings for retaining the reel, not a winch fitting. Just wondered if anyone would know which model as in Mk1, Mk2 etc as there's nothing written on the rod to indicate.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
Pete.

Sounds more like a mark 1 if the lettering has a dash of pink under the drennan logo, that will give it away.
Dark blue whippings as well with a band of gold on the one above the handle.

Thanks David and Steve,
Looks like he's got himself an immaculate Mk2.Just out of interest was there any difference in action between the Mk1 and 2,or was it purely a cosmetic revamp.

Thanks David and Steve,
Looks like he's got himself an immaculate Mk2.Just out of interest was there any difference in action between the Mk1 and 2,or was it purely a cosmetic revamp.
Not sure, I think the MK1 and 2 are very much the same rod, the MK3 was the super tench rod i think.:confused:

I believe I can answer my own question after trawling through the "search" section.The line ratings differ as in 3lb to 6lb on the Mk1 whereas it's 2.5lb to 8lb on the Mk2.Both these rods were British made whereas the later Mk3 and 4 were/are made in China.
Thanks guys for your input.
Regards
Pete.

I,ve got a mark 1 with the graphics on the underside of the rod but my rod was made in China,great piece of kit

Back