• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan Tench and Bream 2lb TC Mk2 version x 2

Bill Walford

Senior Member & Supporter
For Sale as above. A pair in very, very good condition. Selling as I need to reduce the number of rods I own and I prefer to use my Free Spirit BW 2.25lb TC if I have to choose. I regret I’m not interested in getting involved with couriers but happy to tube the rods up if you want to arrange your own courier/collection. Alternatively collect from Dartford area of Kent, possibly meet up as I travel to the Trent near Newark occasionally. I’ll also be at the Tenchfishers AGM in Milton Keynes on 4th November.

£260.00 the pair.

I am happy to help bill post these … IE arrange for them to be posted if it helps bill and Another member …. You pay the postage and I’ll get the rods from bill and post .. I’ll leave the tubing to you though bill 🙂

Postage costs about 28 quid ish

I am happy to help bill post these … IE arrange for them to be posted if it helps bill and Another member …. You pay the postage and I’ll get the rods from bill and post .. I’ll leave the tubing to you though bill 🙂

Postage costs about 28 quid ish
Cheers Daniel. Very kind offer.

My pleasure Matt. Great to meet you and may your first fish be a whopper. Keep me posted 👍 Don’t forget to have a look at joining The Tenchfishers, two excellent magazines per year and a number of fish-ins and get togethers. I’ve gained a lot in the three years I’ve been a member 👍👍

Regards

Bill

Last edited:
You too Bill, I’ll let you know how I get on next season 🤞

I’ll definitely look at joining the Tenchfishers, sounds a good group with some great events and fish-ins.

Thanks again and Happy New Year to you!

Kind regards

Matt

My pleasure Matt. Great to meet you and may your first fish be a whopper. Keep me posted 👍 Don’t forget to have a look at joining The Tenchfishers, two excellent magazines per year and a number of fish-ins and get togethers. I’ve gained a lot in the three years I’ve been a member 👍👍

Regards

Bill
Is there a northern region Bill, I've just been having a browse on the website but couldn't make out where the regions are? I need a kick up the arse with my fishing and I'm determined to get a double figure tinca this year. My syndi' which I re-joined last year (but failed to fish) could possibly come close in the next few years but a fish in on some of those southern waters would probably offer me the best chance.

Is there a northern region Bill, I've just been having a browse on the website but couldn't make out where the regions are? I need a kick up the arse with my fishing and I'm determined to get a double figure tinca this year. My syndi' which I re-joined last year (but failed to fish) could possibly come close in the next few years but a fish in on some of those southern waters would probably offer me the best chance.
Hi Bob,

There is a northern region which also encompasses the East Midlands, the RO is a chap called Richie Clarke. Rich can be contacted as below but membership is applied for online via the website. The year runs June 1st - May 31st but if you join now you’ll get the two magazines and all of the get togethers are from April - June in the main,the only thing you will have missed is the AGM which was at the beginning of November. There’s a Spring General Meeting in March. Rich is running a fish-in in the spring in Lincolnshire but I believe the water is more about quantity of fish rather than size. There’s at least one northern member who has caught a Yorkshire double but I don’t know the water. There is a members only forum and also a closed members only Facebook area. The forum is a bit quiet at this time of the year but obviously comes to life as the spring approaches.

Coming south will obviously increase your chances of a double but the south midlands has Sywell Reservoir which Tenchfishers can fish at no cost (just need to buy a council parking permit which is about £37 I believe). Sywell has produced some cracking Tench in recent years on organised fish-ins.

Thanks for the interest, I look forward to seeing your name pop up on the new members list 🤞😁

Regards

Bill

Northern & East Midlandsrich.clarke6972@gmail.com

Last edited:
Hi Bob,

There is a northern region which also encompasses the East Midlands, the RO is a chap called Richie Clarke. Rich can be contacted as below but membership is applied for online via the website. The year runs June 1st - May 31st but if you join now you’ll get the two magazines and all of the get togethers are from April - June in the main,the only thing you will have missed is the AGM which was at the beginning of November. There’s a Spring General Meeting in March. Rich is running a fish-in in the spring in Lincolnshire but I believe the water is more about quantity of fish rather than size. There’s at least one northern member who has caught a Yorkshire double but I don’t know the water. There is a members only forum and also a closed members only Facebook area. The forum is a bit quiet at this time of the year but obviously comes to life as the spring approaches.

Coming south will obviously increase your chances of a double but the south midlands has Sywell Reservoir which Tenchfishers can fish at no cost (just need to buy a council parking permit which is about £37 I believe). Sywell has produced some cracking Tench in recent years on organised fish-ins.

Thanks for the interest, I look forward to seeing your name pop up on the new members list 🤞😁

Regards

Bill

Thanks Bill. I know I can go south and fish linear on ticket for a good chance but joining the club does have a certain appeal, strongly considering it. I'll make a definite decision come spring, I do have a campaign planned on my syndi' now that all other activities have been aborted, mainly bowling which took up a considerable amount of time.

Thanks Bill. I know I can go south and fish linear on ticket for a good chance but joining the club does have a certain appeal, strongly considering it. I'll make a definite decision come spring, I do have a campaign planned on my syndi' now that all other activities have been aborted, mainly bowling which took up a considerable amount of time.
Very best wishes for your campaign Bob. Look forward to hopefully hearing about your successes 👍🤞

Hi Bob,

Regards

Bill

I need to rejoin tbh. I was a member a few years ago, but let my membership lapse due to my own poor organisational skills.

The magazine was brilliant, and it's a really well run group with some incredibly knowledgeable people in it.

I need to rejoin tbh. I was a member a few years ago, but let my membership lapse due to my own poor organisational skills.

The magazine was brilliant, and it's a really well run group with some incredibly knowledgeable people in it.
I’m set up on an annual direct debit Joe. Works out a couple of quid cheaper but more importantly takes away the “forgot” factor. I’ve gained a tremendous amount from the group in the two years since I joined. 👍

I’m set up on an annual direct debit Joe. Works out a couple of quid cheaper but more importantly takes away the “forgot” factor. I’ve gained a tremendous amount from the group in the two years since I joined. 👍
This coming year will be my third as a tinca.

Tremendous organisation, fantastic fish ins , great characters too

Cannot recommend enough after being very dubious in the first about joining , wish I’d done it sooner

Back