• You need to be a registered member of Barbel Fishing World to post on these forums. Some of the forums are hidden from non-members. Please refer to the instructions on the ‘Register’ page for details of how to join the new incarnation of BFW...

Drennan tackle

Brian Willson

Senior Member & Supporter
Could any kind person supply me with the phone number or e-mail address for drennan......................
I need a new plastic end for the twistlock landing net handle
many thanks.
Brian.

Brian

Try ringing this number: 01865 748989

I had exactly the same problem and they sent me the bit to fix it within a couple of days.

Steve

Love my Twistlock, alas, it does have a tendancy not to lock after twisting....Find myself, on occasion, constantly adjusting the end...

Ian

Ian..have you tried rubbing a bit of candle wax on the plastic widget? That sorted mine out great (especially good if you've been daft enough to spray it with WD40 'to make it work better'. It definately doesn't!!)
Also, make sure the steel 'screw' that widget screws onto is clean. A good go over with a wire brush will sort it in seconds.
Hope that helps:)
ATVB
Terry

Guys, I recently had the same problem and just put a small piece of electrical tape on the Widget to make it a bit thicker and it really works well.

Hiya Cliff.. try candle wax when the electrical tape gets stuck up ya' pipe:eek:
ATVB
Terry

Brian, Drennan recognise that this is a problem and have supplied tackle shops that stock the net handle with spare'widgets'.
I got mine replaced at Ringwood Tackle so worth asking at whichever shop you use;)

Could any kind person supply me with the phone number or e-mail address for drennan......................
I need a new plastic end for the twistlock landing net handle
many thanks.
Brian.

Or just come in the shop & pick one up? :confused:

:eek:
Or just come in the shop & pick one up? :confused:

Will you be supplying this item free of charge Nigel, in the same way that Drennan themselves have been doing, in recognition of the fact that there is an issue with it? If not, then why not? If yes, why is this (as far as I am aware) the first that anyone has heard about retail outlets supplying this part? There have been numerous threads on this forum and others, discussing this well known problem with these nets, and the advice in the past has always been "Contact Drennan":confused::confused:

Cheers, Dave.

:eek:

Will you be supplying this item free of charge Nigel, in the same way that Drennan themselves have been doing, in recognition of the fact that there is an issue with it? If not, then why not? If yes, why is this (as far as I am aware) the first that anyone has heard about retail outlets supplying this part? There have been numerous threads on this forum and others, discussing this well known problem with these nets, and the advice in the past has always been "Contact Drennan":confused::confused:

Cheers, Dave.

Yup they're free. I'm sure I've mentioned it on here before, we asked Drennan for spares when we got the first couple back not working and since receiving them, have replaced them free for customers ever since.

Yup they're free. I'm sure I've mentioned it on here before, we asked Drennan for spares when we got the first couple back not working and since receiving them, have replaced them free for customers ever since.

Good on yer Nigel, a pleasure to see thoughtful customer service, good man.

Cheers, Dave.

Same problem with mine. Didn't realise it was gone till home and managed to find it 3 days later in a deep reedy bank. Tackle shop got the bit in for me really quick and free of charge from Drennan. Shame they don't just fix the problem in the design though.

Hi Nigel,
i have just picked up this post, thanks for the offer, but Drennan have sent me a replacement, one in black and the other in grey.
A good PR, i phoned them and they sent me the parts in two days.
Thanks all.
Brian.

For a company as big and with such a following as Drennan you would have hoped that this problem would have been sorted by now. Not exactly cheap at c.£40 either. Not as if they don't realise the extent of the problem either, in that they leave the replacement just as duff part with their dealers.
Shabby very shabby.

Snapped my drennan handle on the first trip out lifting a small carp out of the water. Took it back to Cadbury angling and the drennan rep replaced it with his apologies as the carbon had a weak spot. Drennan really are first class when it comes to customer service.

Back